Does WDTV-Live play "ISO" files ? (not listed in specs)

The video file format specifications for the WDTV Live are posed on their site as:

AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264), M2TS, WMV9 

ISO seems to be missing ?   Or is it me that’s missing something ?

Check user Manual, it’s listed under Video Container along with .VOB

I should have mentioned I don’t one a WDTV Live yet , and am considering buying, and wanted to be sure before I bought.   So I don’t have a user manual and didn’t think to download it and read it.  That’s a good idea though.

Strange they would omit it from the specs ?

Yes It plays ISO’s

I guess they originally wanted to support ISO, but then something happened, and removed the traces from the site.They could not remove from the printed material though.

One reason could be a technical problem - the chip cannot handle all features well, and locks. For example my unit often locks on some ISO’s when FF-ing through some unsupported feature (like multi-angle). When I asked the tech support they suggested to avoid ISO and use some other supported format. :slight_smile:

Another reason could be of legal origin. Perhaps they forgot to buy the ISO licence.