Considering buying a WD TV Live - a few questions

Kamloops wrote:

Streaming Media Player WD TV Live why on earth did they take component off of this and leave composite? They would sell more it had component still. Not all of us have equipment with HDMI. 

They removed the “component” connection for the same reason others are doing it (like on my new model Roku), because it is a modern product for modern TVs.  They likely left “composite” for the same reason as Roku; because it it the basic hookip virtually every TV made for decades has, and as Ruku says in the user guide, “hook it up if you do not have an HDMI input, OR if you have run out of HDMI inputs on your TV.”  

(And to that, I would suggest adding an HDMI switch box to gain more inputs… Jeez, my TV has 4 HDMI inputs and I still needed to add a 5-port switch box; two are in use on it; three are unused – for now!)

HDMI is here to stay for a long time; each new version of the cable standard will be backward compatable ,as I believe there are plenty of unused connections in the current cables and ready for the next cable “upgrade”.

So, to a person who wants a WD that uses component connections: buy a Live Plus before all the new ones on the planet have been sold, or check out eBay where there are lots of used WDs for sale.  Or, “get modern” and get a TV with HDMI inputs.  The digital pictures and sound are so-o-o-o-o much better, too.