CinemaNow

I used to use the ps3 for the cinema now experience. Inside there I was able to view movies and the credit that I have in my credit bank. So if I want to rent a movie that’s 5 dollars it shows the subtraction of my credit and then a 0 balance.

In the wd live it shows nothing and I wasn’t even able to choose an hd version of a film.

So since I bought this wd live for cinema now I’m kinda dissappointed. Does this even stream ? it asked me to download The movie…

Any thoughts ?

So I bought the movie on cinema now .com and used my credit.  Then It shows up in my wd live cinemanow account…Then it has to DOWNLOAD the movie to an external hd !!!

this app is beyond horrible compared to then ps3 app.

So i thought to my self why not try the xbox 360 version.  that also has the issue for the credit not showing , but since I bought the movie already online its not problem (its a little work around)

that worked like a charm and i was streaming in seconds.

I will not use the cinema now app for wdlive unless a HUGE update is applied.  Such a huge let down

CinemaNow is one of the oldest apps on the WDTV devices…   I think it’s going on 4 years old now.

AFAIK, even the newer WDTVs use the same old app.

But I never found it objectionable…  Downloading the movies only takes a few minutes.  But the lack of HD, yeah, that’s bothersome.

honestly the know how high definition is bad enough to make me never want to use it but the download didn’t even finish and got to 99 percent