Cannot create media library

I have 1TB WD elements drive attached,USB, and I get the message “Cannot create media library. Check storage setting.” This only seems to have happened since upgrade to version 1.02.21. I have attached the disk to my laptop and given “everyone” all rights to the entire disk, however this has not helped. There is about 50% free disk space on the disk… Anyone any suggestions.

Gerrym wrote:

I have 1TB WD elements drive attached,USB, and I get the message “Cannot create media library. Check storage setting.” This only seems to have happened since upgrade to version 1.02.21. I have attached the disk to my laptop and given “everyone” all rights to the entire disk, however this has not helped. There is about 50% free disk space on the disk… Anyone any suggestions.

You could delete the folder labelled .wdtv on the drive. Its has files that are used by the WDTV and it may be corrupted. The wdtv will make the folder again when it starts up.

Hi Rich, thank you for response, however I cannot see a folder of this name. The only folder which seems to be created by the system is “autorun”.

Gerrym wrote:

Hi Rich, thank you for response, however I cannot see a folder of this name. The only folder which seems to be created by the system is “autorun”.

If your hard drive is directly connected to the WDTV there is definitely a folder labelled .wd_tv (note the dot at the start and because of that it will be at the top of the list) It may be that your folder is hidden and you will have to change the settings on your computer to display ‘hidden’ files.

I have just checked and the folder is hidden. I promise you its OK to delete it as the WDTV will just remake it when you start it up.

(I got the wrong name in the first post, the folder is .wd_tv not .wdtv - corrected in this post)

Ok Rich, sorry found that folder and deleted, turned off media library in settings, shutdown wdtv, restarted wdtv turned on media library, new folder created but still makes no difference, same problem. However if I attach an Imega 320MB drive it works fine ??

Found on another forum:

Can anyone tell me how to resolve “cannot create media library. please check storage”.
What seems odd is that the folder is there but no media files are present in the folder when searching WD TV live direct, but when I view the folder from my pc all the files AVI are there
Any help would be appreciated

I had this, and I could not delete or move files on an external drive, try a hard reset and take off the harddrive connect to a pc and scan it, I also defragged it, with defraggler, and popped it back, and it seems fixed!