Access to Netflix in Brazil

Since Set 5 Netflix is operating in Brazil, but I can’t access to it using my WD Live Plus. Appears a msg that says " Netflix outside US and Canada only works with that latest version of this equipment". My firmware is updated. What I must do to watch netflix movies using my WD Live Plus in Brazil?

Buy the latest equipment.

Dear Tony

It doesn’t seem to be a clever solution (By the way my equipment is quite new (6 months older) ).

The same problem is occurring in Argentina, and also happened before in Canada (where by the way, the problem was solved with a new firmware release)

But, if this is the only solution offer by WD I prefer to by a new equipment…from another brand.

You need to use the brazillian model of the WD TV Live Plus:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5305

In June, 2010 we released the _ WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player _ which adds Netflix (US, Canada and Brazil Only - Access in Brazil requires model WDBREC0000), Blockbuster On Demand (US Only), CinemaNow (US Only), and Hulu Plus (US Only) support. Western Digital recommends purchasing a WD TV Live Plus HD Media Player if you wish to enjoy these services on your television.

Does anyone actually have one of the WD TV Live players that are made for Latin America?  If so, would you please post a picture of the power adapter showing the plug side?

¿Hay alguien que en realidad tienen un WD TV Live que hicimos (WD) para Latinoamerica y Netflix? ¿Si tiene, puede por favor publicar una foto del adaptador de corriente que muestra el lado de enchufe?  Gracias.

[google translated]

Alguém realmente ter um dos jogadores WD TV ao vivo que são feitas para a América Latina? Se assim for, você poderia por favor postar uma foto do adaptador de energia mostrando o lado ficha?

Hey guys are you kidding me?  I have to buy a new model of wdtv live to access Netflix in Brazil when everybody knows that’s only a matter of firmware update. I like this player and I have two of them, but if you think we buy another device to pay to see movies there are avaiable in the web for free. I think it isn’t the best way to stop piracy.

gcpxavier wrote:

I have to buy a new model of wdtv live to access Netflix in Brazil

Yes.  You have to buy the one sold in your region, not one imported from another region.  Same as if you were to import a Region 1 DVD player… you wouldn’t be able to use it to play the Region 4 discs available in your area.  You bought the wrong device.

everybody knows that’s only a matter of firmware update.

What everybody “knows” is incorrect.  If it was merely firmware, then they wouldn’t have gone through the trouble of building 2 distinct Latin American versions… they’d just have made the changes in firmware.

You need the correct device for your region, end of story, regardless of what you may have purchased prior to Netflix becoming available.

Yeah, unfortunately, it has different hardware inside.

would anybody show me where can i find the correct equipment for me? i live in Dominican Republic… the funny thing… we use exactly all the same especifications as usa… and i mean everything… power, radio signals, celphones, tv-signals  (well we are like 2 years from analogic shutdown, but well be using USA protocol, when talking dvd’s we have the same region… etc etc… 

i totally forgot if I use my PS3 i have no problem…:S

I am in Peru and I also have bought this unit in the US.

Also, I bought my PS3 at the US and dont have this problem to access Netflix.

I think someone at WD has to come with a firmware update or whatever is needed to fix this problem. It is completely non-sensical and something that can be easily solved.

putuco wrote:

I am in Peru and I also have bought this unit in the US.

Also, I bought my PS3 at the US and dont have this problem to access Netflix.

I think someone at WD has to come with a firmware update or whatever is needed to fix this problem. It is completely non-sensical and something that can be easily solved.

That’s not going to happen.  Your PS3 is like a computer, and it accesses Netflix differently than the WD TV Live does.  WD had to build the Live Plus with different hardware inside in order for Latin America to access Netflix.  Whether it’s non-sensical, or not, it is by design and was a requirement for accessing Neflix in Latin America.  And as of right now, not all countries have access, yet.

I bought my WD in Brazil and I can not connect to netflix Brazil! if I have to buy a new device, I’ll buy from another manufacturer! Sony and Apple! wd it’s not with anything here in Brazil!