1.05 firmware doesn't play MP4 audio only video

hey guys I just bought a new 3 tb drive today and I was skeptical about the new firmware upgrade 1.05 and was right…

all of my mp4 movies at least 40 or so do not play audio just video(even including MP4’s with AC3 audio).  My MP4 movies worked fine with the 1.03 firmware so  what is the problem???  if this is going to be an issue I will roll back but I just bought a 3 tb drive whats up??? Does anyone else have this issue I was so paranoid about updating this device and I now know why.  Another problem is some of my MKV movies don’t play MPEG audio and did before.

I’ve already tried converting a couple of random mp4(Mp4 files with ac3 and mpeg audio) movies to a ts file , m2ts file, and a MKV file using TX MuxerGU and MKV merge software.  Tried plugging it back into the media box  and pressed play and this weird loud beeping sound comes out of my speakers.  Is there a quick fix for this???  this Media player advertises capabilities of MP4’s no excusses…

P.S. Im not interested in down converting AC3 to anything lower

If an update breaks something for you then either roll back or replace the media player, or wait for another update.