Wow, Plex, New User, WOW!

Hi all, 

I got my WDTV Live yesterday (UK), and so far have found it quite pleasing :slight_smile:

My System

iMac 2.4ghz, running Lion

O2 (provider) router downstairs, 

WDTV box

Panasonic Viera 42" Plasma

I tried with the PS3Server software and while it was good, didnt ‘look’ too great. The I installed Plex.

Wow, the difference is unreal. I like the thumbnails etc, and more choice of genre and things like that.

Now, having seen all that, I log on here and get TOTALLY blown away. Where do I start?

I don’t want to change HOW i stream my files, but I’d love to have it LOOKING better. 

So, where do I start, what do I do? I would like a nice swish interface that still uses Plex (unless there’s a better alternative) and delivers the experience I am seeing from Mojo, Black Mamba et al.

Wow, you people amaze me.

Any help more than graciously accepted!

Dave

Welcome!

First find out what firmware is running on your HUB, with that in mind choose a theme that runs on it.

The theme folder on the Hub is a hidden folder, make sure you can see hidden folders on your Mac.

On my HUB? WDTV Live Streaming Media Player. 

CAn I not theme that, or do I need a HUB?

You can use Themes on Streaming Media Players. Check in the individual theme threads if a Hub theme is compatible with the SMP e.g. I use Black Mamba 1.5 which is a Hub theme quite succsufully on an SMP.

There are also Theme discussion areas under the SMP listing e.g. Mojo and darklight by Tinwarble

Make sure that you follow installation and configurations to the letter as so many questions are raised by people who skip/ignore/forget to do that.

Note that the initial install instructions for an SMP theme require that the theme is loaded via the devices web-interface.

I am running Plex Server on my Mac mini. How ever my WD TV live does not pick it up. It used to, and then one day for no reason that I can think of, it stopped seeing my Plex Server. Please help 

Vergeer wrote:

I am running Plex Server on my Mac mini. How ever my WD TV live does not pick it up. It used to, and then one day for no reason that I can think of, it stopped seeing my Plex Server. Please help 

this would not be a question for the theming section. sorry. good luck