Warning: New Firmware

Alrighty people, WD has done it again!

Moviesheets created with the new version of ThumbGen for TV Shows no longer work.

Wouldn’t happen if the beta testers would work with the newest software but arrogance and ignorance is stronger than understanding of the responsibility that comes with being a beta testers.

You will fix this by unchecking the “new FW” option but then your TV shows will be unsorted again.

No matter what you decide to do you will be screwed.

Don’t update the firmware if you have TV Sheets created with the newest version of ThumbGen

1 Like

update: cannot be fixed with the new thumbgen version period.

i am not even sure why but it’s not working no matter what!

this one works

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<details>
  <title>01 - Pilot</title>
  <series_name>Arrested Development</series_name>
  <episode_name>Pilot</episode_name>
  <season_number>1</season_number>
  <episode_number>1</episode_number>
  <firstaired>02.11.2003</firstaired>
  <overview>Meet the Bluths. In the pilot, Michael decides to take a job in Arizona after being passed over by George Sr. for head of the Bluth Company. George Sr. is jailed, and the family realizes they need Michael.
</overview>
  <year>2003</year>
  <plot>Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable.</plot>
  <runtime>30</runtime>
  <trailer></trailer>
  <rating>9.3</rating>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
  <imdb_id>tt0367279</imdb_id>
  <mpaa>TV-14</mpaa>
  <genre>Comedy</genre>
  <genre>Drama</genre>
  <actor>Jason Bateman/Portia de Rossi/Michael Cera/David Cross/Ron Howard/Will Arnett/Alia Shawkat/Tony Hale/Jeffrey Tambor/Jessica Walter</actor>
  <director>Joe Russo</director>
  <director>Anthony Russo</director>
  <studio>Imagine Entertainment</studio>
  <studio>Imagine Television</studio>
  <studio>20th Century Fox Television</studio>
  <backdrop>Arrested.Development.S01.E01.mkv_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>Arrested.Development.S01.E01.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>folder.jpg</backdrop>
  <url cache="tmdb-.xml" function="GetTMDBThumbsById" />
  <prevtitle>Arrested.Development.S01.E01.mkv</prevtitle>
  <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

this one doesn’t work

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<details>
  <title>01 - The Boys Are Back in Town</title>
  <series_name>Entourage</series_name>
  <episode_name>The Boys Are Back in Town</episode_name>
  <season_number>2</season_number>
  <episode_number>1</episode_number>
  <firstaired>2005-06-05</firstaired>
  <overview>The guys are back from New York and Ari is already pushing a commercial project, Aquaman, at Vince but he isn't buying it. Eric has an official title now, but when he has to make a 'sex date' with Kristen, his status is questioned. Drama's agent is moving up and on without him. Turtle is cranky about his new job and takes multi-tasking to a new chaotic level.</overview>
  <year>2004</year>
  <plot>Vincent Chase is a young actor whose career is on the rise. Joining him on his journey to stardom are his childhood buddies Eric, Turtle, his brother Johnny Drama and his hot-tempered agent Ari Gold. Together, they'll navigate the highs and lows of Hollywood's fast lane, where the stakes are higher -- and the money and temptations greater -- than ever before.</plot>
  <runtime>30</runtime>
  <trailer></trailer>
  <rating>8.7</rating>
  <mpaa>TV-MA</mpaa>
  <imdb_id>tt0387199</imdb_id>
  <mpaa>TV-MA</mpaa>
  <genre>Comedy</genre>
  <genre>Drama</genre>
  <actor>Kevin Connolly/Adrian Grenier/Kevin Dillon/Jerry Ferrara/Jeremy Piven/Rex Lee/Perrey Reeves/Debi Mazar</actor>
  <director>Julian Farino</director>
  <studio>Home Box Office (HBO)</studio>
  <studio>Leverage Management</studio>
  <backdrop>Entourage.S02E01.mkv_sheet.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>Entourage.S02E01.jpg</backdrop>
  <backdrop>folder.jpg</backdrop>
  <url cache="tmdb-.xml" function="GetTMDBThumbsById" />
  <prevtitle>Entourage.S02E01.mkv</prevtitle>
  <prevgenre>N/A</prevgenre>
</details>

Get rid of the  –  (dashes) with in the plot.

in here -

Vincent Chase is a young actor whose career is on the rise. Joining him on his journey to stardom are his childhood buddies Eric, Turtle, his brother Johnny Drama and his hot-tempered agent Ari Gold. Together, they’ll navigate the highs and lows of Hollywood’s fast lane, where the stakes are higher – and the money and temptations greater – than ever before.

nonsense!

The issue is that they changed the way backdrops for TV shows is pulled.

It no longer uses the code from the xml to pull up the backdrops.  Instead, now it uses a single folder with all the backdrops in it for all the episodes with in a folder and it appears to require using the internal scrapper to do that.

If you are using a custom theme, then you need to rollback to the previous firmware to have local backdrops for TV shows to display.

Why nonsense?    Double hyphens cannot be used within tags.  Unless they are allowed here???

@Zubius… albeit it looks like xml… it’s not xml  LOL :slight_smile: Seems WD is using an own xml format without respecting the w3c rules :slight_smile:

Tinwarble wrote:

The issue is that they changed the way backdrops for TV shows is pulled.

It no longer uses the code from the xml to pull up the backdrops.  Instead, now it uses a single folder with all the backdrops in it for all the episodes with in a folder and it appears to require using the internal scrapper to do that.

If you are using a custom theme, then you need to rollback to the previous firmware to have local backdrops for TV shows to display.

i noticed the backdrop folders when i scraped an episode.

this does not explain why older movie sheets still work to the exact date when i started using the current version of ThumbGen. There is no apparent reason for that. It can’t be a memory/cache thing i made 100% sure of that.

the next question is how they determine it is a TV Show? I am not using the TV Show Filter…

why would they cut it off… oh wait i know because they are mental.

@DEV

I anwered your post inthe FW section of the forum. I had the same issue beta testing the release before this one. The issue is that you have to have the “.” in between the season and the episode. You also have to actualy have an “S” and a “E” or it does not work either

out of your two examples the S01.E01 will wor but the S02E01 will not. I had to bulk rename the file that were not named correctly with the “.” or the “S” and the “E” and then fix the xml files to call the new file names

SO

Arrested.Development.S01.E01.mkv_sheet.jpg - will work

Arrested.Development.S01E01.mkv_sheet.jpg - will not work

Arrested.Development.01.01.mkv_sheet.jpg - Will not work

Arrested.Development.01x01.mkv_sheet.jpg - Wil not work

After renames and then fixing the XMLs worked like a charm. Refer to my post in the FW section for a more in depth post

Good luck. 1.9 is working fine for me now once again

-P

2 Likes

IT WORKS

official scene release is “series.name.s01e01.mkv”

the hub needs a period between the season and the episode WHICH IS WRONG

it works with “series.name.s01.e01.mkv”

DeVicious wrote:

IT WORKS

official scene release is “series.name.s01e01.mkv”

the hub needs a period between the season and the episode WHICH IS WRONG

it works with “series.name.s01.e01.mkv”

Not really a fix.  See other post. http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/3-08-14-TV-Shows-and-Custom-Backdrops/m-p/497842/highlight/true#M9918