Theme: GoodBye Black Mamba (LinkSheet) Updated Dec 14th

prophet_ca wrote:

Hey is anyone else getting issues with folder sheet images, for some reason I can not get the foldersheet images to show.  I just get that scary looking eyes with the black hands.  Im not sure what i’m doing wrong.  

Here is how i have it setup:

—> Location of Movie:  B:\Movies\Action\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.mkv

—> Location of Moviesheet: B:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.mkv

—> Location of Foldersheet: B:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p

Any help is much appreciated. 

You need the jpeg of the cover in the same directory as the movie.

EX:

Location of Movie:  B:\Movies\Action\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.mkv

Location of Cover:  B:\Movies\Action\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.jpg

Location of Moviesheet: B:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.mkv

Not sure why you need a folder sheet for the movie. My folder sheets are for the genre which the movies are in, so if I were using your setup, I would have

Location of Foldersheet: B:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme\Action

-P

1 Like

Thanks KAD79 and Pearl,

I went and relooked at how the demo was set up, makes sense now, and i should have referred to files not showin up as cover art not foldersheets.

I guess when i named my files: Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.*** it doesn’t work seem to bring up the cover art, but when i named all the corresponding files Constantine.[2005].1080p.*** it works.  Not sure why but it works…

I know this isn’t a black mamba theme problem but was wondering if anyone can help me. I got new linksheets to work with all my movies and tv shows (great theme btw) but for some reason thumbgen just cannot find the TV show Veep so I can’t make sheets for this one show.

Any ideas?

Finally i am able to work on the thumbgen designer and able to modify templates. I thought it was rocket science but once get into, it seems pretty much straight forward. I added the age rating icon before the resolution icon and move the Year of release below the run time. Below is the sample moviesheet, if some one wants this modified template i can forward the same (with @Devicious permission).

Below are the instructions to get this modified template work:

Step1:Copy “certifications” folder from ThumbGen\Templates\Common\certifications to ThumbGen\Templates\Black Mamba Final\Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious\Common\

Step2: Download the template file from below link http://www.mediafire.com/view/?wkeeh466mblxvvw

Step3: Paste the download file in ThumbGen\Templates\Black Mamba Final\Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious\Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious

Thats it.

Note: Before replacing the template.xml make a backup copy so that you can revert it back incase you dont like the new one.

1 Like

Hi, I was trying to create the folder sheets for movie genre. I used Devicious Genre cover template to make folder sheet but it was showing up in the wrong position (please check the image) on the screen; i am not sure if i need to use full template size (1280/720) template or if i can set this position parameter some where in the theme XML. If some one has a nice template to use for genre folder view, please share the same. Thanks.

@prophet_ca, Just to inform you that you can directly take screen shots from your remote. Go to WD remote button settings and set any button to take screen shot. Go to the screen and press that button (in my case I set up my “0” key to capture screen shots). These images are stored on your Hub root folder. Lot easier than taking photo to share. Please ignore If you already know this tip, someone like me will be benefited by this tip (i recently came accross, so thought of sharing it).

2 Likes

@Sudheer - Genre Folders
I was having some problems wih this and eventualy I found the easiset way to do this for me was to make a folder for a known TV show and then do some altering. So for example, I when I wanted to make a folder sheet for my Action Movies. Here is what I did.

I went on the web and found a picture that represented “action” to me (a big car explosion) and saved the jpeg. I then and used TG with the folder template to make a folder for the TV Show “anger management” which I aleady had an .mkv of, using semi-automatic mode. Once that was made in TG, I next I imported the picture I had saved of the explosion into the fan-art section on the left hand side by choosing "load backdrop from disk.Then chose “F1” fir that picture and it becomes the new backdrop. Since folder sheets only utilize a few field you just have a few to change. First I changed “Title:” to “Action”. Then delete the genre or at least change it to the correct genre. Lastly you need to change the text in the "Overview: section to whatever you would like. I just seatched for the genre and grabbed a paragraph someone else had written on the genre. Then hit the green check box above the art in the “movie editor screen and you should then see what your folder screen is going to look like. Hit “generate them” uptop and it wil produce the folder Sheet for you. At that point it will have the name of the original file you chose, so for me I had to change it from AngerManagement to 'Acion” with no extention and drop it in the root of the theme. A pretty quick process once you get the hang of it. I was able to do 30+ genres in less than an hour. Just remember to rename the output file to folder name and put it in the correct directory. Perhaps someone can explain this better or has an easier way but this worked fine for me.

Below (if it shows up) is an example of my Action Genre Folder. Highlight the folder and that’s the sheet that gets pulled form the theme directory.  I admitedly then altered it a but more once it was finished, and added the lettering on the side the says “Action” across the top using photoshop.

@Daerx - Veep issue
Sorry not sure what you issue is as I tested this and had no problem. I renamed an MKV file I had to Veep.S01.E01.mkv and used the “black Mamba Final TV Sheet by Devicious” template and thumbgen had no issue finding the correct tv show and making a sheet for episode one. Make sure your file naming convention is correct and that you are using a template that uses TheTVDB.com as the collector.

Good luck to you both

-P

3 Likes

Daerx wrote:

I know this isn’t a black mamba theme problem but was wondering if anyone can help me. I got new linksheets to work with all my movies and tv shows (great theme btw) but for some reason thumbgen just cannot find the TV show Veep so I can’t make sheets for this one show.

Any ideas?

search for “veeps”

had the same issue when the show was on

sudheer wrote:

Finally i am able to work on the thumbgen designer and able to modify templates. I thought it was rocket science but once get into, it seems pretty much straight forward. I added the age rating icon before the resolution icon and move the Year of release below the run time. Below is the sample moviesheet, if some one wants this modified template i can forward the same (with @Devicious permission).

can’t see your image yet since it is not approved but I have already published a version with the age restrictions FYI.

However the more you guys bring variety to it for people to choose from the better it is. Feel free to upload your template :smiley:

prophet_ca wrote:

Hey is anyone else getting issues with folder sheet images, for some reason I can not get the foldersheet images to show.  I just get that scary looking eyes with the black hands.  Im not sure what i’m doing wrong.  

Here is how i have it setup:

—> Location of Movie:  B:\Movies\Action\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.mkv

—> Location of Moviesheet: B:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p.mkv

—> Location of Foldersheet: B:.wd_tv\theme\Goodbye Black Mamba Theme\Constantine - [2005] - 1080p

Here is a screenshot from my phone:

Any help is much appreciated. 

i hear the roblem is resolved and the problem was the naming it seems, having said that your windows security has prevented the installation of the fonts. You need my fonts in order to prevent overlapping and for it to look better.

Got into the folder …Templates\Black Mamba Final\Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious\Common\Fonts

double click each of those fonts and install them and run the movie sheets again, it’s like Christmas and Easter and your brithday on the same day :slight_smile:

Red_Leather313 wrote:

Hello , i have a wd smp, Really like the goodbye mamba home menu is there any chance that i can replace black black mamba v1.9 home screen with it??? If can how can i do this…thxx dev  awsome wrk.

the new theme is working fine with the SMP

Some good Genre folder images here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=57623

Sudheer:

I for one would appreciate receiving a copy of the modified template incorporating the age rating icon.

Thanks very much…

i hear the roblem is resolved and the problem was the naming it seems, having said that your windows security has prevented the installation of the fonts. You need my fonts in order to prevent overlapping and for it to look better.

Go into the folder …Templates\Black Mamba Final\Black Mamba Final Movie Sheets by DeVicious\Common\Fonts

double click each of those fonts and install them and run the movie sheets again, it’s like Christmas and Easter and your brithday on the same day :slight_smile:

Overlapping? What does that mean?  I changed most of the fonts in the template to just Arial (I’m simple, lol).  Did I do something wrong?

I just use simple folder icons just not a fan of clutter.  If anyone wants them, let me know…  folder.jpg

DeVicious wrote:

Daerx wrote:

Any ideas?

search for “veeps”

had the same issue when the show was on

Hmmm… why would TG find “veeps” if the show is named “veep”?! … I’ll ask him tomorrow :smiley: :smiley:

As from my post above, “Veep.S01.E01.mkv” worked fne for me. No idea why changing the name to Veeps form Veep would be helpful

-P

hmmm no idea still doesn’t work. It just defaults to searching for “tv”. Tried searching for Veep, Veeps, even used the imdb # and it doesn’t work. Renamed my files to “Veep.S01.E01.mkv” format and still nothing. It just searches for “tv”, tried my other shows and they all work perfectly.

ok so whats best method for doing folder sheets for movie collections? I like the one DeV did of the Bourne Collection. I was using the TV and redoing it, but doesnt look as good.

@ Daerx

Do you have it in a folder of the same name, then inside that folder season 1?

I have had the “tv” do that to me when I didnt have the correct folder structure.

1 Like

dudeman316 wrote:

@ Daerx

Do you have it in a folder of the same name, then inside that folder season 1?

I have had the “tv” do that to me when I didnt have the correct folder structure.

Agree with Dudeman’s commennt. It’s reading the “TV” directory above. You need to set it up with the “Veep” directory, then the season directory inside that “Veep Season One”, and then the file

I tested like this:   Veep\Veep Seson One\ Veep.E01.S01.mkv

@Dudeman - for your folder sheets, you dont even have to use a template at all. As long as your jpeg is the correct size and name it will work fine. The Sheets that Dev’s templates (and perhaps all TG?) produce are 1280 x 720 pixels. You can make whatever sheet you want it to look like in any design program (Photoshop, Gimp or my favorite paint.net), and use that as the backdrop. Go to the web, grab pics of the covers of all the movies in the series and paste them into a jpeg thats 1280x720. make all your other design mods or just copy from web and then save as the name of the folder without an extension. No need for TG or any template and you can have it look any way you want.

-P

1 Like