Simplicity Theme by DeVicious

@G1973, yes, what you are reading in the manual (#5 in section 5) means exactly that. You must place the linksheets inside the Simplicity theme directory on your SMP. And yes, that does mean with the standard setup you are restricted to 30MBs for themes and their linksheets.

That does not leave nearly enough room to use a Linksheet theme on an SMP. Luckily, there are some very smart folks who have found ways around this. One of them, KAD79, a major contributor to this board as well as the wdlxtv.com forum, which has alternate firmware that you can look into. You won’t get much support for it on this forum, but there are many of us who have taken that leap extremely successfully. You will have to direct your questions on the specific installation and topic to the other board.

I would read the following thread from beginning to end, and you will see what the possible solutions are, and where to go to go to get what you need if you decide to go in that direction. Around the second page of the post you will start to see discussion of non stock firmware.

WDLXTV - Moviesheets Vs Linksheets…

Take a look and see if it meets your needs and your level of computer savvy. It is certainly a great option and we are very fortunate to have KAD79 and his expertise participating on this forum.

Good Luck, Simplicity is a great theme and in my not so humble opinion, well worth the effort it takes to get it installed and make your linksheets.

-P

thanks i will try :frowning:

@G1973

3 Likes

Sorry to all of you who are patiently waiting for the release of “WATCHLIST”

The problem is my lack of motivation to go into depth of this project.

It will most certaily not be released before August this year because I am working on a network streaming app for iOS, Android and Windows for the HDMI Streaming stick from the search engine with the two “O’s”

Within the next 4 months I will release a brand new sheets pack for SIMPLICITY to keep this theme interesting.

hi isit possible to make linksheets for the ‘Movie’ folder and the ‘TV Show’ folder without the imdb rating in the top right hand corner?

Thumbgen Designer will allow you to edit the template. Copy the template folder, then rename it to whatever, then use TG Designer to edit the .xml file in the copied folder. Just keep the copied folder in the thumbgen/templates/themename folder so you can find it easier.

I was wondering if it’s possible to implement something from another theme into Simplicity.

If you look at this theme: http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Theme-Kudos-V6-Hats-off-to-JoeySmith-and-co/td-p/577582 called Kudos V6, the video thumbnail overviews have an enlarged view when scrolling/moving to the next thumbnail. Sort of pop out or whatever you call it :-).

Does anyone know how that works and if that’s possible with Simplicity?.

Hi everyone,  I have been using my WDTV Live Hub with Linksheets for quite a while now and other than it being a little slow between clicks and movement on the screen, I am pretty happy.  I am about to purchase another couple of media players for different rooms in the house and was wondering if the WDTV is still the way to go.  Obviously it would be best as I can continue to use existing sheets created and just copy them to all my devices.

I was just curious if there are any better options out there that also do linksheets… just curious if anyone has any knowledge… thanks

Kevine,

given the fact that this is a product support forum an honest answer regarding media player alternatives would probably not go well here.

I say as much since it is supported with the device… a free of charge Plex Media Server could be the answer to all your questions

Fair point DeVicious… I guess I really was hoping for an answer like… Hey I’ve tried this or that but WDTV still does linksheets better… cause deep down I think I am happy with my setup and don’t really want to have to start again.

try Plex, it has it’s own crawler, works just fine

Thanks DeVicious.  I have been reading up a little about Plex and it looks pretty good.  So the WDTV acts as a client to Plex… should there be a WDTV plex app to access the plex server once it is setup?

Hi

I’ve just seen WD have released a new WD TV (Gen 2) that supports Miracast and I think I saw some specs somewhere that said 1Gb/s ethernet now.  Have you heard anything about this model and whether the palace hombrew hack still works and your theme?

chris_h16 wrote:

Hi

I’ve just seen WD have released a new WD TV (Gen 2) that supports Miracast and I think I saw some specs somewhere that said 1Gb/s ethernet now.  Have you heard anything about this model and whether the palace hombrew hack still works and your theme?

I suspect it would probably work, but nobody has confirmed, I don’t know any developers that have the device, I don’t plan to get one, folks will probably be on their own regarding that device

Hello DeVicious,

I’m new here and I’m pretty sure that this is not the way to post a message:wink: Sorry for that… Couldn’t find the ‘new message’ option.

First, thank you so much for your lovely theme. I find it very stylish.

I would like to ask you a favour. It has to do with mini-theming. Instead of explaining the whole thing it’s better to guide you to this link:  http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Themes/Music-Focus-Bar-follow-Active-Song/td-p/539429

This is exactly what I’m searching for. 

Is there a way for you to make this for your Simplicity? It’s the only thing that bothers me a little. Would be great to follow the active song in the music player.

Thanks…Hope to hear from you!

Edit: Anyone there?

I was curious if anyone has tried any of the collection sheets I have made with the Simplicity theme, if you have or are using them, can you please post a screen cap, thanks :slight_smile: & again thanks always to DeVicious, a talented person :slight_smile:

like to say i love the theme and thank you for sharing your craft…but i seem to come to a brick road can anyone help me out with this thanks in advance 

Download & Read the user manual on page (1) :   Table of Contents      7. Genre Covers and Sheets

http://www.mediafire.com/?ua5x6m111aycwmy

Sir, I have loaded you theme in my hub, I find a problem that the movie link sheets work only for the extension avi files, where as for mkv and mp4 the sheet appears for a second and disappears, folder sheets are ok. Any advice on this will help me. Thank u in advance

Sir, I have loaded you theme in my hub, I find a problem that the movie link sheets work only for the extension avi files, where as for mkv and mp4 the sheet appears for a second and disappears, folder sheets are ok. Any advice on this will help me. Thank u in advance