Movie Trick Reminder

This idea come by reading WDTVLiveHub Idea section.  Resulting of a lot of redundant post, a lot difference between firmware version, a none knowledge of trick used by themer (Mochi never really evolved :smiley:).

THIS GUIDE IS A BETA (It’s contain a lot of bug)

Then to everyone (Major Contributor include) , if you see bug or have correction to propose or better explanation. Post me and I will update document at soon possible. Photoshop & Microsoft Word source file is also available, send me personal email for this.

Firmware Box Background color:

• Red = Not Working
  • Green = Working
  • White = Not Tested

A Lot information was missing, I’m Working on MochiSheet Theme and Cache Trick report at the same time… I’m redditing technique and video tutorial.  Leaving soon for one week vacancy, then we gonna see you soon…

_                                  DOWNLOAD PDF _

Thanks to Major Contributor

DimitarCC

architectonic

drizzt09

firetix

JoeySmyth

Tinwarble

DeVicious

SOON Movie Trick Reminder Theme Pack.

1 Like

That sounds like a lot of work. :neutral_face:

No… Only 2 Days… First day I put 5 hours, to setup data to put on sheet and fix layout, preparing picture example and word document… The second day, I put 4 hour, the time to type text inside box and looking inside some contributor theme. The longer it’s I’m french, and I really losing time to translate… I didn’t use translator then in this time I take a lot of break to not burn my brain :smileyvery-happy:

Dear Fleuve

I admire your enthusiasm and eagerness to ‘SEEK’ a solution to a ‘BUG’ within the firmware version(s), which is very admirable, however…

…and this is a BIG however, But unfortunately…

… I just don’t quite exactly understand the ‘problems’ or ‘BUGS’ you are tring to solve or explain!  :cry: 

I have downloaded and read the ‘MOVIE TRICK REMINDER’ pdf file, which in some way part explains your method of thinking, but I am still slighlty bemused by the rest of your document???

for example (and please forgive me for sounding ignorant), BUT what is a–

folder.METATHUMB file

or a

movie.METATHUMB  …??

Maybe I am missing something as I am NOT a PROGRAMMER like your good self, but I DO understand there maybe a LANGUAGE BARRIER!!

So please if any of our good friends can shed some light that would be helpful!!!

signed…

Architectonic.

…frustrated and bewildered.

PS … apologies for caps but trying to enthasise my frustration. LOL

PPS. Kudos to you for at least trying to explain your thought process by the PDF doc. – ‘A painting tells the story of a thousand words’

PPSS… HOW CAN A PDF DOCUMENT CONTAIN A LOT OF BUGS!! :confounded:

Lol… I understand you… It’s a little for NATIVE structure… That’s mean that if you put  “Get content info” to AUTO your WDTVLiveHub gonna begin to download stuck for you… Now if you look the structure, you gonna remark that WD use another structure that we use actually. The WD structure have the priority on themer struture.

Themer Structure

Movie.mkv                           (your actual movie)

Movie.jpg                             (your cover)

Movie.XML                           (Meta data file)

Movie_Sheet.jpg                (your backdrop, but BACKDROP must be set in XML)

WD Structure

Movie.Mkv                              (your actual movie)

Movie.METATHUMB             (your cover, it’s a jpg with another extension. Have priority on Movie.JPG if both was present)

.Movie.backdrop                   (your backdrop, it’s a jpg with another extension. XML don’t need to be there)

if you want more that 1 backdrop

create a folder renamed .Movie.backdrop and put backdrop00.jpg, backdrop01.jpg file inside…

For Folder

Habitually we use Folder.jpg inside the folder. But if you use Folder.jpg with a lot of of .METATHUMB. The first .METATHUMB scaned gonna be used for folder.jpg… to repair this issue, use _Folder.jpg to be sure that first file scaned was folder.jpg you can also use _folder.metathumb

What I tried to do…

1. A Simple resume of trick and function discover, because I’m gonna take 1 week vacancy and I need good reminder when I’m gona come back.

2. The Main idea, is to database trick. Because WD Staff don’t seem really know which trick themer use to display information… Because at each new firmware we losing a part of OSD. Then the main idea, is debug completely the document and Once  it’s gonna be finish… is to send to Idea… (after all, i just a resume of millions of redundant idea)

I’ve you remark that silly bug was repair, but we asking minimum for osd and it’s never happend (some post are old of 1 years, we got 3-4 firmware between that)…  

It’s suppose act like a BIBLE for Themer and like BOOK OF LAW for WD Staff…

1 Like

If you want the original document and you want translate it… I can give you Microsoft Word Version…