Mojo 1.12.01 (MS) - UPDATE 11-07-11

UPDATE: 11-07-11

This is a new version of Mojo that uses the method of displaying the backgroud from local folders discovered by justmeme.  If you like this, make sure to give him some kudos for his find.

The download contains 2 folders, “Mojo 1.10.02 (MS)” which is the theme, “MS Mojo Test” which is a test folder containing fake movie files, coverart, xmls and backdrops (just place this folder at the root of the drive).

The 2 moviesheets are contained in the second download and also contain a new version of the No Cover Box temp

To get the moviesheets to display, you must be running the latest version of the firmware (Version 2.06.10 or later) & you must manually edit the metadata xml file to delete the backdrops, then add the line:

<backdrop>yourfilename.jpg</backdrop>  (NO LONGER NECESSARY IF YOU ARE USING THE LASTEST VERSION OF THUMBGEN)

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS THEME WITH FIRMWARE VERSION 2.08.13.  ROLLBACK TO VERSION 2.07.17 IF YOU HAVE 2.08.13 INSTALLED.

See this HERE.

If you have another version of MOJO, you will need to update to this version for the new moviesheets to work.  However if you were previously using the prior version of Mojo (MS) you don’t have to regenerate you moviesheets, since the old moviesheet (as shown in the second pic) will still work with this version.

For those that need it you can download a Tutorial HERE. (UPDATED 10-09-11 to correct an error in the image for Input/Output naming)

Also, to make the moviesheet semi-static.  On the HUB, select Setup, then select Photo Settings.  In the Photo Settings menu, select “Slideshow Transition” and set it to “Fade”, then select “Slideshow Interval Time” and set it for “5 minutes”.

Theme Download Link: Mojo 1.12.01 (MS)  (This download also contains a Test folder)

Thumbgen templates Download LInk: Mojo Moviesheets

MOJO 1.09.08 (MSP) - Moviesheet with Perspective Poster

This version does the same as the version above, but also uses a Perspective view for the Poster Coverart.  This download contains 4 folders.  “Mojo 1.09.08 (MSP)” is the theme folder, “MSP Mojo Test” is a test folder, copy it to the root of the HUB’s HD to test the theme, “Mojo_Glass_sheet” is the moviesheet template and “TW Double No Cover” is the cover box template.

To use this theme you MUST make new coverboxes for your movie thumbnails.

Download Link:  HER E

View HERE.

Double No Cover Box.

This is a render of a new main menu for Mojo.  See HEREto add this main menu to Mojo.

Mojo in action.  See the video HERE.

19 Likes

This is cool.  It works!

It is a bit slow, it takes approx 5 seconds for the backdrop movie sheet to be displayed.  Not sure if there is anything to speed that up.  It is about the same speed that it takes normal backdrops to be displayed from the internet so maybe something is delaying them being displayed.

Also, it cycles thru displaying the same backdrop over and over and that is distracting when you are reading the overview.  Anyway to stop the cycling?

Anyway, great first step.

Mark

Hi Tinwarble And Joey,Justmeme and others

I knew once you 2 got hold of a new idea from Justmeme,it would not be long before you come up with some GREAT new mods,You themers are doing a great job…

Anyway I am trying things out myself (not as good as you ) but still having a go…

What my question is could you point me in the right direction as to which XML I have to adjust to stop the hub getting info from the internet, I am trying some things out and if it works out I will post what I am doing,but I dont know if it will work or not yet…Need the hub to stop pulling info for movies etc.

I hope you can help

Regards Divydave

Sorry All Dont Know what that spoiler bit is??

Divydave

Hey dave,

You can stop it from displaying by editing the “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml”, and it depends on what you want to do as to what you need to edit.  If you don’t want anything to show up, then you need to add the parts in green to this line.

<!-- disable

<image image=“@@preview_rect_image” default_image=“@@default_preview_rect_image” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” textcolor=“@@preview_rect_color” keycolor=“1” ignore_keycolor=“1” pb_delay=“0” bg=“1” /> –>

And if you want to get rid of the text lines, you need to delete these lines:

Also, the spoiler is because you must have accidently clicked on the hand icon that’s next ABC in the bar when you posted.  That’s to insert a spoiler tag.  I’m not really sure what is for though, since I don’t know what anyone would post on the forum that no one wouldn’t want to know about.:dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Thanks TW,

Will give it a go…

I am having a look at  moviesheets mod,and the hub keeps over writing what I am doing and I am trying

to stop that…

Thanks again Divydave

Bump for release.

Hi Tinwarble,

Very excited about this new theme but havent yet upgraded to firmware 2.06.10 .

You have said before that there are a lot of bugs in this firmware and that you havent upgraded. I  was just wondering (as you have obviously had to now upgrade to run this version of MOJO) if Im likely to run in to any probs - text size etc.  I dont fancy having to downgrade again thats all !

Thanks

Great work to you and all the other themers

Hi this is Pulazki demanding a new “non-movie sheet” theme from Tinwarble!

demand demand demand =)

but really… This movie sheet nonsense is too much work since i have like 1000 movies, there’s no way i’m going to go back and make a freaking moviesheet for each individual movie to make this theme work…

So that leaves me with the option of demanding a new non-moviesheet Mojo theme again! yaaay back to the basics Tinwarble! Us non-leet folk need your standard theming skillz! come with it

haha =P

Blood & tears!  Blood & tears!:stuck_out_tongue:

Pulazki,

I have ideas for more themes, unfortunately there’s only so much time in the day and I still have to make money.  If some people would send some money I might be more inclinded to speed theming up though.:smileyvery-happy:

Unfortunately though, I doubt that would ever happen since some people seem to have trouble even clicking a dagnabit Kudos button.

gladster,

Yes there are some bugs in the new firmware, and I really can’t tell you whether to upgrade or not.  It really depends on if you can live with the bugs until they hopefully fix them in the next release.   I can tell you that the bugs are not so bad that you can’t mull through them and I well try to minimize the visiual bugs, such as the text problems, in the next releases of Mojo.

The only thing that might be really bothersome is that scrolling in Gallery view does seem more slugish.  It’s not deathly slow, but it is slower, which can be minimized if you wait for the background to load before you scroll.  It’s really up to you though whether the visuals are worth the some of the problems.

8 Likes

Thanks TW - also wondering is the background (per movie) static on this one or does it “flicker” as if it should be changing (like it does if pulling the background from the internet)

Cheers

You can make the background semi-static by setting the Slideshow interval to 5 min. in the Photo Settings.

1 Like

Been trying to get this theme working and seem to having some issues. Not able to find the metadata.xml file to edit to get this working correctly. Running lastest FW on WD Live Hub,. Followed the instructions. Any help would be great.

The metadata.xml is in the same place as your Movie file.  If it’s not, then you did not create one when you generated the moviesheet.

When you using Thumbgen, you have to make sure that you have the “generate .nfo” box check, you also have to make sure that in Options the you have it selected to generate an xml (in place of an .nfo) and you have to make sure that you have it selected to generate the metadata for the HUB’s format.

If your not fimiliar with Thumbgen, let me know and I’ll walk you through it as best I can.

Also, just to be clear, did you try the test folder and did it work or are you having problems getting it to show up also?

I guess I need “How To Install MoJo 1.09.04 (MS) For Dummies”.

I got the theme installed.

I looked at the MoJo test folder, looks great! Works perfect, far as *I* can tell!

1. What do I do with the Mojo_Glass_sheet folder?

2. What has to be changed in TG, I have the latest version.

3. Can I generate everything with TG on my local hard drive on my computer then copy it to the Hub? My movie folders are setup with each movie in it’s own folder not all Action movies thrown into one folder.

I have another problem that I can’t figure out how to rid myself of or fix…

Folder is \Adventure\Indiana Jones And The Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull (2008)

Inside the folder are the following files:

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).avi (Movie)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).jpg (Thumbnail)

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).xml

BD-1.jpg (Backdrop 1)

BD-2.jpg (Backdrop 2)

BD-3.jpg (Backdrop 3)

.wd_tv (Folder that is empty)

Here is the .xml file content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
  Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull   PG-13   2008-05-22   123       Action   Lucas Arts     In 1957, Indiana Jones is thrust back in action, venturing into the jungles of South America in a race against Soviet agents to find the mystical Crystal Skull.   Steven Spielberg       Harrison Ford     Indiana Jones         Cate Blanchett     Irina Spalko         Shia LeBeouf     Mutt Williams         John Hurt     Professor Oxley     Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).jpg   BD-1.jpg   BD-2.jpg   BD-3.jpg   Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).avi  

Now, the problem:

When i’m in gallery view (I think its called) where the movie folders are displayed at the bottom and you can see their covers, the cover for this particular movie that gets displayed is BD1.jpg NOT the movie cover thumbnail! This happens with some movies but not ALL of them as Golden compass displays like it should. I have had BOTH .xml files open and compared them and I can’t find anything wrong. It doesn’t matter how I generate the .xml file either. I have tried TG, WDTVMetadata and just generated it using Notepad by cutting and pasting working code and editing the info in it for the movie.

See the devils head? That should be the thumbnail I indicated above, shouldn’t it?

Once you go in to the movie folder it displays the proper image but I think that’s because it’s being called from the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008).jpg command line in xml.

What the heck am I doing wrong?

Hello mojo,

Installed your theme and followed directions for set up. Things were ok untill the backdrops will not show. Covers show properly but not the backdrops. Checked the test file works perfectly. I am messing up some were. Went back numberous times and redid,but same results.Any help would be appretiated. By the way your work is top notch. Keep it up.

Garry

Hi Mojo, I have metadata (TGMD) and XML files for all my movies and used Lstar’s Movie Sheets (Though the movie sheets are not working). I downlaoded your Folder. Please let me know if my approach is correct.

I have latest firmware and latest thumgen.

1. I am planning to Generate the Movie sheets using Your template from the metadata. Could you please let me know what are the options that i need to choose when i try to generate the Movie sheets using previous meta data on the Thumbgen(?)

2. After generating the MovieSheets, I need to edit  the backdrop portion to point to the local movie backdrop for each Movie XML.

Thanks in advance.

Hey guys,

I know that some of ya’ll are new to Thumbgen and these mods.  Right now I don’t have time to go into deatail about what you need to do to get everything set up, but I will try to have a step by step  “HOW TO” made by this weekend.

If you have done everything right, where you have the moviesheet image and have changed the your metadata xml to have the line <backdrop>yourfilename.jpg</backdrop> and the moviesheet isn’t loading.  Then try unplugging the power cord, then plugging it back in.  Once the HUB gets through compiling you should see your moviesheet load.

@sudheer

First, you can’t use someone else’s moviesheet template for Mojo, you MUST use the “Mojo_Glass_sheet” template.  No other moviesheets are set up to work with Mojo.

It seems that you have done everything correclty though, but you will probably need to unplug the power cord then plug it back in for the moviesheets to show up.

I’ve had success!

The movie sheets are playing, but not ALL of them. Need to figure out where the mistakes I have made on a few of them I suppose. BUT here is a little tip that I’m finding seems to work. BEFORE you create anything:

1. I do it on a USB drive connected to my computer. Create your folder(s) on the external drive that way you just copy them over when you’re done.

2. I’m using TG and the latest FW for the Hub

3) Turn OFF the media library on the Hub in the settings

1. Turn OFF the Hub. Not ALL the way off and don’t unplug it cause you still need to access it.

2. Access the Hub on your network or connect it however you do to copy movies to it.

3. Copy the folders you have just created…if the movie is already on the Hub delete everything in the folder, including wd_tv folder. Leave only the movie file.

4. Got it all copied? Now wanna try it out? Hook back up to your TV, turn on the hub, turn on the media library, hit the HOME button, WAIT for the media library to complete THEN go see if it worked.

If they don’t work make sure your .xml code is correct

Movie Name.jpg

Movie Name.avi_screen.jpg

Make sure your files are named correctly, even caps in the names seemed to fix one of mine. So be precise about file names.

Movie Name.avi = movie

Movie Name.jpg = thumbnail

Movie Name.avi_screen.jpg = backdrop

Movie Name.xml = the file that does all the work and can be edited with Notepad

Movie Name.avi.tgmd = heck I dunno what this does but it’s generated with TG :wink:

If all checks out OK and you KNOW everything is done correctly, turn off the media library, THEN power the Hub all the way down (hold power button for 3 secs), unplug it for about 30 secs, plug it back in, turn it on, turn on the media library and see if that helped. Works for me!

If I can do it, pretty much anyone should be able to!