MochiSheet Theme - tested on firmware 3.01.19

UPDATE 28/01/2012 (v3.02 fixed - Video coming soon)

For my first step in world of WDTvLiveHub, I’ve decide to create my own themes hoping to find the maximum that we can do with the 3.01.19 firmware from Western Digital.  All my theme is designed on 3.01.19 Mochi theme found on WDTV_LiveHub_GPL_package_3_01_19_G.zip. Look inside RV_3.01.19_G\RV_3.01.19_G\src\libs\RES_RV folder.

I use to Lstar337’s Split-Sheet TV v3.01, Lstar337’s Split-Sheet v3.05 and i use too Folders v1.1 from Lstar337’s ‘Split-Sheet’ Templates For TV Shows 2.0  to accelerate the design and the desired structure. I use also some idea of disposition from some Theme. Thanks to all

Features

• MovieSheet (No more link thru xml file… I use cache trick… A little Hard to do, but fastest when fixed) _ NEW _
  • FolderSheet (Cover and backdrop - Look folder issue in MochiSheet cache report post)
  • All mode in video was configured  _ NEW _

Result

Image was delete until I fix issue. For current preview look video tutorial at end screenshot was placed. But It’s gonna be fix soon, tool was send in MochiSheet util version 3.

Download MochiSheet Util v3.02_                    
_

(Sorry, for many download, but it’s gonna be final tool to test folder issue solution… See other post)

MochiSheet cache trick report for new development and Installation tutorial

Fixed Bug

LiveVidLoader

• Adding two function to “backup all” and “restore all” your thumb
  • Conditional error for controlfile trigger

PreloadThumb

•  Fixing cover size to generate

Mochi Sheet

• Remove slow in rv_gallery_browse_page.xml (thanks to DimitarCC)

ThumbGen Phase

In Profiles you have 5 Set ready to use… all parameter is ready, maybe remember to change language

• File - Movies                              For all movie inside movie folder (include sub folder)
  • Folder - Movies collection      For only the first file of each collection folder inside movie folder
  • File - Episodes                        For all episodes inside tv folder (include sub folder)
  • Folder - Saison                       For only the first episode of each serie inside tv folder
  • Folder - Serie                          For only the first episode of each serie inside tv folder

Thanks to everyone to help me to understand and hopping to give you back some cookie.

-Fleuve

3 Likes

Cant wait to see the screens once they are approved

This looks like super good, wish you success and hope you can update your progress soon.

Hi Fleuve,

As you, I’d like to create/modify my own theme. My preference goes to Lstar’s337 2.4 and all JoeySmyth Themes .-)

As I owned a WD Tv Live Gen3 (SMP), all those themes do not accurate with my SMP and have to be “repacked”

First of all, I I’ve downloaded the original source code on WD Site “WDTV_LiveStreaming_GPL_Code_package_1.05.18” for my SMP, but I did not manage to extract the GPL code to modify the original mochi theme. I’m running Windows 7 and use 7Zip. Do You know how to get the Original mochi Theme ? Should i use a Linux environnement to extract the GPL code ?

Thanks, and sorry for my poor english

-MaxaYan

Salut Fleuve,

Comme toi, j’aimerai pouvoir créer ou modifier le theme original de mon WD Tv Live. Ma préférence va aux themes de Lstar’s337 et tous ceux de JoeySmith. Comme j’ai un WDTv Live Gen3 (ou SMP) je ne peux utliser les themes créés pour le Live Hub tel quel. Tous nécessitent un repack et quelques adaptations.

Appréciant beaucoup le menu original, je ne souhaite modifier que la partie “media” (présentation video et music). J’ai donc dans un 1er temps telechargé le code source original “WDTV_LiveStreaming_GPL_Code_package_1.05.18” sur le site de WD correspondant à mon SMP.

Premier souci, je n’arrrive pas à extraire le code source. Je suis sur un environnement Windows 7 et j’utlise 7Zip sans succès. Est ce obligatoire d’être sous un environnement Linux pour travailler sur ce code source ?

Par avance merci de ton retour, et eventuellement si tu avais le code source du theme mochi du SMP je suis preneur :wink:

-MaxaYan

Hello,

I’m a little hurry, but begin to use winrar to open your GPL source code. Because 7zip convert tgz to tar or something like that.

Salut,

Je suis un peu pressé, mais tu devrais utiliser winrar. Parce que 7Zip converti les tgz en tar ou quelque chose tu genre… je Download ta version pour savoir ton theme se situe ou… parce que dans le fichier il devrait y avoir le code pour recompiler le firmware, mais certaine partie son compiler et non recompilable (genre demi-open source). mais tu devrais avoir tout le folder pour modifir ton skin.

Hello…

Your Theme was found in WDTV_LiveStreaming_GPL_Code_Package_1.05.18.zip → Palace_1.05.18_G.tgz → Palace_1.05.18_G\src\RES_RV\Ressource… Create a new folder Title DefaultTheme… Put all file inside XML folder from ressource and put inside DefaultTheme. After copy folder image inside defaulttheme… you have your base theme file made… now… it’s a little heavy to read and edit… then create a new folder “YOUR OWN SKIN” and copy only image and xml that you modified… to little by little… have fun…

Hi,

I am new with the WD TV Live Hub (just bought it 2 days ago :slight_smile: )

Now i want to use the Lstar337 movies/series sheets. Do i still need to mannually make the sheets with thumbgen? or do i need to add a theme on my hub to automatically generate the sheets?

sorry for this n00b question :flushed:

Most theme developers make a folder/tv/movie/music template when designing a theme for the Hub. These templates can be used in ThumbGen to generate folder thumbs, tv, movie and music sheets … Don’t know if Lstar337 sheets work on the Hub.

@Paulus-NL in Dutch:

Handig Paulus dat je NL erbij zet. De meeste Thema ontwikkelaars maken voor het Thema dat ze maken ook een Template dat er geheel bij past. Deze Templates kan je in ThumbGen gebruiken om passende map icoontjes, tv, film en muziek sheets te maken … Ik weet niet of dat Lstar337 spul op de Hub werkt.

It’s gonna work soon…

With my theme and my cached trick… it’s gonna support tv and folder thumbs… Video gonna shipped soon… missing one part to make.

for the moment you to need to regenerate your movie thumb with thumbgen (the first time is always longer, but after it’s well configurate, I propose you to keep tgmd file… you gonna be enable to make in batch mode after tgmd is generate)

and you need to to follow the new receipe on youtube

awesome, watching the tut right now :) 

Thanks a lot … it works ! :smiley:

Mais le plus dur reste à venir !

Encore merci.

++

Will this work for SMP by chance?

And are there any screen shots of what it looks like?

@ Fennec

I share your thoughts…screenshots would be MOST explanatory!

cant find the theme anywhere , please help.

the link is written very large in the center of the first post :slight_smile:

Download MochiSheet Util v3.02

Big thanks to Paulus-NL… For the moment with the motel i’m really busy (I own and live there) and I’m going to Cuba soon… Then I’ve some job to finish before leaving for 1 week…

Ok everyone, 

I’m preparing at this moment, a new package with new technnic, new thumb gen template, new video (sorry last one was made on stack) and new picture (sorry, look video at the end), also a new post coming soon (3 gonna be enough - MochiSheet and Cache Trick)… But I need your advice…

Do you prefer generate your thumb for specific theme with thumbgen (a special thumbgen template for MochiSheet) or use a batch file who gonna use (movie.jpg “cover” and moive_sheet.jpg “backdrop” - note in this way, dual cover trick “Thinwarble Perspective cover” and  Side2Side Trick “Joey Smith Movie Template” gonna not be supported?

Thanks…