I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

ztrust wrote:

Thanks for fast answer as always :smiley: But i think you misunderstand i dont want 720 flag on a low rez i want no flag on resolution´s lower then 720, and therefor i went into settings and deleted refrence to all the low resolutions and hit save :wink: then in Tg first movie has no rez flag but the next does !

I did understand you correct that, that was a guide to get 720/1080 flags on all files ?

still the same system to do that, load the resolutions you don’t want in your photo programm, delete the flag and kee the background transparent, save it and it is done

Hi DeVicious!

I’m trying your new theme but I have trouble with the tv files, I can´t make it work to have a box art for my chapters.

For example:

The walking dead Season 02 my structure is

Folder: The walking Dead

----> Season 02

------>Episode name:  s2E1.mkv 

With this structure the Thumbgen gets the ID  from database without problems but my  chapter picture doesn´t show the box art frame that I want which is: HDTV, So I add the extension HDTV to the file and then thumbgen stops working (he does not find the media ID from the database) so I end with an empty moviesheet. How can I resolve this issue.?

I forgot to mention with movies thumbgen find the movie id but he doesn´t show the box cover art.

Josh_K wrote:

Hi DeVicious!

I’m trying your new theme but I have trouble with the tv files, I can´t make it work to have a box art for my chapters.

For example:

The walking dead Season 02 my structure is

Folder: The walking Dead

----> Season 02

------>Episode name:  s2E1.mkv 

With this structure the Thumbgen gets the ID  from database without problems but my  chapter picture doesn´t show the box art frame that I want which is: HDTV, So I add the extension HDTV to the file and then thumbgen stops working (he does not find the media ID from the database) so I end with an empty moviesheet. How can I resolve this issue.?

I forgot to mention with movies thumbgen find the movie id but he doesn´t show the box cover art.

Your naming for the episodes is completely wrong the questions is where do you add the HDTV?

this is how it should be.

The walking Dead

----> Season 02

------> the.walking.dead.s02E01.hdtv.mkv

------>the.walking.dead.s02E02.hdtv.mkv

Notice: double digtis, spaces are replaced by dots, hdtv must be between show name and file extension

(if you don’t have double digits with leading zero your sorting order will messed up)

Your Movies should be named like this…

Superman.dvd.avi

for renaming the episodes you can bacth rename them per season

http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/Download.php

do exactly what i did in this example:

Hi DeVicious,

I desactivated the libray so it is really better now.

I have a question : personnaly, I think the sheets doesn’t stay enough long before to stitch to the full screen thumb because I don’t have time to read informations for each movie. So I wanted to know if it’s possible to remove the switch to the thumb full screen or put more time on the sheets.

By the way, this theme is a really nice work. And my favorite ;=)

Zest

ZEST_ wrote:

Hi DeVicious,

I desactivated the libray so it is really better now.

I have a question : personnaly, I think the sheets doesn’t stay enough long before to stitch to the full screen thumb because I don’t have time to read informations for each movie. So I wanted to know if it’s possible to remove the switch to the thumb full screen or put more time on the sheets.

By the way, this theme is a really nice work. And my favorite ;=)

Zest

Go into settings-photo settings-increase the time from the default 3 seconds to 5 minutes. This should give you plenty of time to read the info in the sheet

1 Like

moobies wrote:

That was it! Thank you a ton!

Glad it worked for you.

Development… No problem… You have 45 pages of questions. Thought I could try to soften the load. Your theme I don’t know as well as you. But tg I know. :slight_smile:

thanx again Drizzt, I really appreciate your help :smiley:

I need to make an FAQ coz questions repeat themselves on a daily basis and it would help anyone on both ends :smiley:

DeVicious wrote:

Hi Ninja,

I am not doing this for 2 reasons…

1. it wouldn’t make a difference and you are obsessing over something that is not part of the problem (as i tried to explain before)
  1. it would open a can of worms i can’t close with others… analysis and support “YAY” exclusive work “NAY” :laughing:

Thanks Devicious. I fully understand what you say. I wouldn’t want anything to deter you from continuing to support this theme. I’ll keep tinkering with the settings. The anti-aliasing may help with the graphic image but would still not explain why the entire cover comes out so pixellated especially the red bar and text… I do not know how to screen grab my TV so I have used my camera to take a photo. It isn’t very good but it is still clear to see the difference between the covers I have edited and the ones I have not touched…

The ones I have NOT altered are Action, Animation, Comedy, Horror, Romance and War. As I said before, on the PC, my covers look fine, only when on the player do they look this bad. In fact, they do not look as bad as before now because I have resorted to using .png now for my covers, as jpg, they were far far worse.

DeVicious wrote:

DeVi, little subtle change really make it look nice… i do have one question interm the info box just looks a ta cramped.

Maybe you like it the above… but i wonder if it better to just say Overview… instead of Episode 1 Overview… also where it says Season 2 Episode 1… it aways feels like it was just stuck in there and i wonder if a better home could be found for it. ?

The Ratings i like where it is compared to how it layed out on the  moviesheet :slight_smile:

anyway im just poking at the edges… and if you dont like the poking that ok… … although next time i will try Tickerling :wink:

ninja168 wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

Hi Ninja,

1. it wouldn’t make a difference and you are obsessing over something that is not part of the problem (as i tried to explain before)

2. it would open a can of worms i can’t close with others… analysis and support “YAY” exclusive work “NAY” :laughing:

Thanks Devicious. I fully understand what you say. I wouldn’t want anything to deter you from continuing to support this theme. I’ll keep tinkering with the settings. The anti-aliasing may help with the graphic image but would still not explain why the entire cover comes out so pixellated especially the red bar and text… I do not know how to screen grab my TV so I have used my camera to take a photo. It isn’t very good but it is still clear to see the difference between the covers I have edited and the ones I have not touched…

The ones I have NOT altered are Action, Animation, Comedy, Horror, Romance and War. As I said before, on the PC, my covers look fine, only when on the player do they look this bad. In fact, they do not look as bad as before now because I have resorted to using .png now for my covers, as jpg, they were far far worse.

your image isn’t showing until it is approved.

Anti aliasing changes everything, i tested it with the lord of the ring original picture for myself.

However if your covers look that pixelated you might be using one of the firmware versions that causes this behavior. What is your firmware version?

Kazgor wrote:

DeVi, little subtle change really make it look nice… i do have one question interm the info box just looks a ta cramped.

Maybe you like it the above… but i wonder if it better to just say Overview… instead of Episode 1 Overview… also where it says Season 2 Episode 1… it aways feels like it was just stuck in there and i wonder if a better home could be found for it. ?

The Ratings i like where it is compared to how it layed out on the  moviesheet :slight_smile:

anyway im just poking at the edges… and if you dont like the poking that ok… … although next time i will try Tickerling :wink:

attempt # 50  to change the design :smiley:

I am here to help with problems and i am open to functionality changes and as you know I am quick in bringing them to your device. 300 people have downloaded my theme in the last 10 days, i am sure out of these 300 people 280 would like to change something to fit their PERSONAL taste and everyone wants something else.:wink: I cannot satisfy anyone and most important i don’t even want to. :laughing: If there is something that you want to change then do it, if you don’t know how to do it you must learn it because I sure won’t do it. :heart:

Please try to remember that I am doing this in my free time and that my theme is not a product, i made it for myself and I share it with you in open source so you can improve it to make it work with your personal taste.

For future references, functionality ideas are always welcome, if you want to change the design you are on your own. :smiley::heart::smiley:

1 Like

DeVicious wrote:

ninja168 wrote:

DeVicious wrote:

Hi Ninja,

2. it would open a can of worms i can’t close with others… analysis and support “YAY” exclusive work “NAY” :laughing:

your image isn’t showing until it is approved.

Anti aliasing changes everything, i tested it with the lord of the ring original picture for myself.

However if your covers look that pixelated you might be using one of the firmware versions that causes this behavior. What is your firmware version?

How do I get it approved? I have taken another photo here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?06jhzcruizxp8d1

My firmware is the one before the current one that  resolves the MLB issue.

Hi DeVicious, I think was doing a bad installation of the template files.

By the way I made a cool discovery with this all confusion, I discover that you don´t need to rename all the file with the last extension (BLUERAY, DVD, ETC) for thumbgen make the cover art, instead you can rename the parent directory and then  all the files inside that folder will have the box art with the name on the parent directory.

For example if I want to make all file have a box art for DVD media then the structure goes like this:

DVD (parent directory)

---------------------> Movie folder

----------------->Movie.file.avi (for example)

or in my case:

HDTV (parent directory)

------->TV Series

------------->The walking dead

----------------->Season 1

------------->Season chapter

------------->Season chapter
                                                               ------------->…

So all the files inside DVD directory and HDTV  will have the same box in this case a box art DVD and HDTV and you don´t need to rename each file with (movie.name.dvd.avi or season chapter.hdtv.)

2 Likes

I just wanted all mine to show as “DVD”. I renamed generic.png to generic_old.png and then copied dvd.png and renamed the copy generic.png.

ninja168 wrote> * * *

How do I get it approved? I have taken another photo here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?06jhzcruizxp8d1

My firmware is the one before the current one that  resolves the MLB issue.

hmm your thumbnails seem to be out of proportions, if you compare my originals based on yours just based on the red bar you wull notice that your red bar has a lower height and the red is more saturated as mine. Your JPG file you uploaded yesterday is no longer available for download but i think you might have the wrong DPI seetings (or it still could be anti aliasing http://www.snowbound.com/images/antialias.gif))
If you have higher DPI (dots per inch) settings as 72/96 the image will show larger on the screen but the theme will downsize it again. I am playing “House” here and playing a hunch, a too large image would explain everything, this is exactly how an image would look if you would upload it in way too high dimensions and downsize it in the hub.

Please check your DPI settings and report back here. thanx

Josh_K wrote:

Hi DeVicious, I think was doing a bad installation of the template files.

By the way I made a cool discovery with this all confusion, I discover that you don´t need to rename all the file with the last extension (BLUERAY, DVD, ETC) for thumbgen make the cover art, instead you can rename the parent directory and then  all the files inside that folder will have the box art with the name on the parent directory.

So all the files inside DVD directory and HDTV  will have the same box in this case a box art DVD and HDTV and you don´t need to rename each file with (movie.name.dvd.avi or season chapter.hdtv.)

KUDOS for the find :smiley:

this is an excellent find and I didn’t even know it will work after setting up the name recognition like that.

I tested it in my live folders and this is totally brilliant…

I was renaming my Sci-Fi folder to “Sci-Fi Bluray” and it would change all files to a bluray cover that don’t already have a source information in the name. If your files already have the source in the name they remain untouched.

This saves people a lot of time in the future and it allows anyone to name their movies as they feel again. After generating the sheets you can rename the folder again and all is perfect.

I love that find!!!

flhthemi wrote:

I just wanted all mine to show as “DVD”. I renamed generic.png to generic_old.png and then copied dvd.png and renamed the copy generic.png.

that’s great i told Ztrust yesterday to do the same for resolution flags.

Due to too many PM’s I am putting the download link for the improved TV Episode Sheet in the forum

DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE HERE

Hi All

Great theme by the way…but I am having an issue with displaying the genre thumbs in the genre view it just shows a movie pic from that particuar genre. . Ive read that you can build a folder structure to make this work but is there another way due to the volume of work I would need to do I would ike to avoid this if possible. my movie structure is

drive\movie storage folder\movie\movie.bluray.ext

I’m sure I’m overlooking something… If someone would be so kind to point me in the right direction

…by the way using SMP and all works great

Thanks drizzt09 +