I am pulling BLACK MAMBA

ninja168 wrote:

Thanks for checking out for me. The curious thing is even your bits look pixellated on my TV and very distinct next to your creations. The pictures I used are high res. Is there a setting I need to choose when saving into jpg? I choose the Maximum quality setting (12) and the bit below, I keep it on Progressive Scan 3. Is that the same as you? 

The difference I find is in windows, when i right click and choose properties then under details, the only difference is my covers have Resolution unit as 2 and Colour Representation is Uncalibrated while yours are blank.   

you might be overthinking the process. You can’t do much wrong with JPG in 100% quality if optimised, or progressive the artifacts start showing when your go below 100%

I made a comparison show of 3 regions of the Drama Thumbnail. Notice you took my Drama JPG as a source file for that and the quality remains almost the same. The Black Mamba head has the exact same artefact pattern which means it is NOT your compression, then there is a selection of your image and mine, minde is still smooth at 800% inflation while yours has black and white pixelation (noise) It almost looks as your image has been sharpened too much or it is a bad quality source image.

(process for this result, i upscaled both images by 400% and stitched them together in one graphic, then i inflated it to 200%, FLicker will reduce the size again which makes you show the artefact effects better)