Help Needed: Quick Overview on How Ratings Stars are Displayed

Hi All.

I’ve gone through some of the XML / XSLT files for a variety of themes, and see this implemented in a variety of ways. I guess I am just slow these days, and am not exactly sure how this is being displayed on the moviesheet. A couple of them seem like they are dynamically sizing the overlayed “colored” stars based upon the value in the %RATINGS% token. Others, I just can’t figure out. 

Is there a good link / resource someone can point me to, or even give a really quick high-level overview so I can play around some more with the XML, should I want to move away from stars, and use something else for my moviesheets?

Thank you again!

The theme enthusiast here have been able to tweak and change it…

did not ran in to any one that change the appearance …

did find something from  JoeySmyth on how to change the number of star ratings…

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/star-rating-with-Aeonish/m-p/351179#M6065

you might be able to go from there

1 Like

Thanks! I think I am looking more for how the IMDB Ratings stars are processed, with the back bar as well as how many (or what portion of) the gold stars are overlayed. I’m pretty sure from looking at a few different themes, that the overlay image is scaled based upon the IMDB rating received, and that overlay is positioned over the non-filled in star background. 

Scott