Discovered "Reflections" Code for Thumbnails

Here’s a Quick Video of Local Backdrops using Modified Gallery View XML Code.

Once the Backdrop is Displayed if you Quickly Tap and Hold Down the Navigation Arrow Buttons the Backdrop will not change.

If you however, slow down your button presses or stop on a movie, then the New Backdrop will load.

Video Demo use’s Brightly Dark by bg1 Movie Sheets. (Not my creation, credits to the Original Author)

http://www.wdtvlive.net/showthread.php?385-Brightly-Dark-by-bg1-%28Brightly-720p-Standard-Sheet-amp-Wall-mod%29

(I did however, fix a Runtime error in the Template… Variable was %DURATION% it should be %RUNTIME% also moved the Media Flags Verticaly by 10 pixels)

Youtube Video Demo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHKXWmd8BtA&list=UUn6RvJ3_GBQ-FpgWRuyYjpA&index=1&feature=plcp

5 Likes

Joey, tha’ts just AWESOME…

To me that is the perfect Gallery view.

Now i notice one major thing you are using local backdrops :laughing: so combined with reflections using jpg that should mean compatibilty with even the newer firmwares ?

I cant wait to see this in action myself

yeah that is awesome indeed, seems i have to deal with that today myself, when I hold the left arrow key for longer than 1 second it will skip the page (7 columns) it is not changing the backdrop either but the entire navigation becomes unctorollable because somehow it is alos doing little steps in between. Let’s say I want to go from Episode 1 to Episode 8, all i had to do was press for 1 second… NO :frowning: i end up somewhere at 10 or 11 and if I hold it too long i am ending up at 15 or even 23

YAAAY \o/ got it :slight_smile:

Ive never had jumping thumbnails…

But there is a WD Coding Blunder in  rv_gallery_browse_page.xml

<listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop\_scroll="1" ** _trigger="10" turbo_multi="10"** autoenter="1" fixed\_scrolling\_col="3" hormove="1" />

should be …

<listbox valkey="browselist" move="row" cols="7" rows="1" lbmask="ud" loop\_scroll="1" turbo_trigger="10" turbo_multi="10" autoenter="1" fixed\_scrolling\_col="3" hormove="1" />

Play around with the numeric values to tweak it.

Yeah i figured it was that, I had “35”  hehe :slight_smile:

Doh!

lol

it is awesome

thankyou

looks great…

my more dislike with most of the themes here is the 2 second delay before the background is desplayed. and withthe background having all the movie details it just looks odd.

(i know that’s a WD issue)… just would like an theme that looks this good but uses local details… still kudos to all for supporting the HUB even if WD is slow to do anything,

hi  JoeySmyth

this looks great.can you please post the files.

so i can try

Kazgor wrote:

looks great…

my more dislike with most of the themes here is the 2 second delay before the background is desplayed. and withthe

These 2 seconds are a myth, I remember reporting 5 seconds when it was first released now the average person thinks 2-3 seconds… on my hub with ExtremeDigitals Theme or my own with the brand new firmware it takes less than a second :-)  even with the mirror effect (tested 10 times and took the average)  Of course it would be better they would use a smoother way to translate the backdrop into the environment but waiting less than a second doesn’t bother me at all.

DeVocious… im looking forward to seeing your Mamba… I will have to live with the little delay… does one of you layouts have no Metadata ie just the Movie name. (maybe)… i love those full on Wall Layouts.

Hi Kazgor, changing the Slide Transition mode in the Photo Setting menu to ‘Normal’ helps to reduce the delay in backdrops load times

Mamba is worth the wait :smiley: esp with this reflection effect optimised

Thanx Extreme :-)… Kazgor I will answer everything tomorrow in my own thread, this is Joeys thread about reflections which is the coolest find ever. Let’s keep it on topic.

Uploaded a Demo on Page(1)  added an alternate Gallery View with Case Overlays…

Added Note: Im not the biggest fan of the delay between displaying the backdrops in Gallery View.

This was just a little experiment to try and minimize the Hub from trying to load and display backdrops while you are navigating.

ie. Display the Backdrop… but when i navigate … keep displaying it … until i stop on another movie … then load the the Backdrop for the newly selected movie.

In my experience… when navigating it was always trying to display a new backdrop as i scrolled the the thumbnails, which is annoying because of time delay… ends up with backdrops almost flickering on and off as your are navigating.

2 Likes

sorry to bother you joey 

i made the moviesheets for your reflection theme in thumbgen. i can create the thumbinal and sheet.but it creates metadata file .tmgd instead of .xml. which software you use to make xml files and what are the setting you use.please help me

In Thumbgen Options

Input/Output Naming  >   Movieinfo export    >     $M$N   >     .xml   > Export using WDTV Live Hub Format

There are however a few more settings required…  check out Devicous Guide in the Black Mamba Download.

It will work with Gallery View Theme.

1 Like

Hi Joey- I think we should nick name you the ‘SCIENTIST’ with all this experimenting you get up to! :wink:

It’s a pity we couldn’t create this designed delay with your moviesheet method? 

Me again!

Joey, you said- ‘Personally i try to remove ‘comments’ and ‘indentation’ … to reduce XML filesize and for efficiency.’

Does this actually speed things up? Is this proven?

If so then I better get deleting all my comments… you should see the state of my xml with all sorts of personal notes/ comments scattered through the code…maybe it will be twice as fast once cleaned up!! :smileyvery-happy: