Custom Intro

Hey All,

Has anyone figured out how to add a custom intro to play before movies?I am working on this but seems some people here are very advanced and might have figured this out already.I will post any progress on this thread,but any help would be appreciated.  Thanks

B

Depends on what you are wanting it to do.  If you looking to just display an image before you play a movie then the simpliest thing to do is to just replace the subtitle bar with a custom image.

video_run_buf.xml (you’ll have to rename “video_run.xml”)

and the image is “video_playback_subtitle_info_bg.png”

And a little note, you should also copy the changes and use “video_run.xml”

1 Like

Thanks Tin,

Didnt even think about that type of customization,makes me think about other possiblities…

My goal is to have a custom animated intro before a play a video from each of my genres…you have steeered me towards a different approach…as always you the man.

B

ok…i have a few custom intros i made each between 10 and 20 secs.

Have my videos in genre folders…what i am trying to do is when i press the “ok” button on the remote while over say a small intro video will play before i view the contents within the folder.

anyone else try this yet…im not sure where i should store the intros…or what code should be replaced to get them to run.

The concept seems sound yet i am not sure where to start…any help would be great…thanks again all

You can’t have a video (or animation) play before or during a video.  This is not possible as it would take a change in the FW, which is not done through theming.

As I stated before, you can add a pic to popup before the video plays, but that is it. 

ok…heres a snap to more easily define what im doing…does anyone think if i change my intro to .iso and use it to play like a dvd menu over my genre folders would work or am i wasting my time?

HorrorSnap.png

Yes, if you mux it into the videos to play as a DVD menu then it should work.  But you’ll have to do it for every movie, and it will not work for BD movies since the HUB/SMP will not play BD menus.

Remuxing the movie though is different than trying to change the xml’s to make it play a video before the main video plays.

Thanks again…i will try this method on a few movies to see if it works…is alot of work for couple sec intro.I’ll keep at it until i find an easier solution …thanks for your input