Anodized Trickle Theme (beta)

I am using thumbgen  (new version) and creating the reflective covers easily however it does not look like the image on page 1. The reflection is almost white which looks ■■■■. The image on page one has perfect reflection so how do i get this without the crappy white tinge to it.

As I said in the instructions, you have output the Coverbox as a “PNG” with Thumbgen, then once it is created you have to manually change the extension to “JPG”.   DO NOT USE AN IMAGE EDITOR, just rename the extension.

If you don’t do this you will not get the transparency in the reflection.

hi

i tried everything outlined above. It stills isn’t looking like the original picture. My last attempt made the reflection look identical to the coverart. Maybe its the old firmware i am using. I have not upgraded due to the bugs.

awesome TW.

If the folder.xml bug is fixed, i will without doubt use your cover trickle theme…mainly the gallery view

and keep list view whenever i want to look at custom moviesheets!

Hi

Was wondering if it was possible to get the template for your box covers so we can make our own colours. 

Love the theme by the way.

Thanks

The templates are in the download.

Thanks.  I noticed  the different colour templates and tried photoshop to get a blue one but couldnt seem to get a nice neat job like you.  Havent got your knack … more practise for me.

Thanks (love your theme cant wait  for your next release)

Yeah, I didn’t do blue for the dvd or mkv Cover boxes because of them getting confused with Blu Ray.

I will be releasing more colors for the Cover Boxes when I get the next release out.  If I have time I may be doing boxes for avi, HDDVD and TV series, if I get the chance to get them made.

And thanks, I glad to here you like the theme.

Thanks cant wait !!!

wow this is a gr8 theme

i hav a problem wen i use this theme the background wallpaper of the respective movie take too much time to load untill then background remains black this takes half of the charm from the theme…

not sure if any other guys are having this same problem

Also i have a suggestion, i like legacy theme very much and also the ophagi theme

can u combine trickle theme wit these…

neways u r doing xcellent work keep it up!!!

Azeem50,

The background loading slowly is a firmware issue, not really a theme issue. It takes a few seconds for it to read the metadata xml, this is also why you get a jump from the file name to the metadata title name in the latest firmware.

I’m glad that you like the theme, but as far as modifying someone elses theme, I won’t be doing that.  I don’t have much time to work on my theme, much less modify others.  You will have to rely on others to modify their’s or use my Mini-Theming to modify a theme the way you want it.

Thanks,

T

Hi Tinwarble

Was wondering if it was possible to darken the area behind the info text so it is easier to read.  (gettin old!)

Is it also possible to remove the year/time/genre and actor etc so that there is more room for the overview/plot.

Ive had a bit of a tinkle and changed the font size but am still finding it difficult to read. 

Any help much appreciated

Cheers

gladster,

Yes and Yes.:wink:

Give me a couple of days and I’ll PM you with a modification that you can add to the theme.

T

Thankyou.  ( By the way MOJO  looks great and love the name excellent work AGAIN.)

Hi everyone I enquired a few posts back about how to get the refelctive thumbnails using this theme. I have been told to use TG and change extension output to PNG etc.  Once I have created the cover box with reflections I then remane to JPG without using any program. I then put it with the movie file and the reflection does not have the glasstable look to it. It looks exactly like the true inage it reflects from. How do I get the reflection to look like the glass table look on page 1. My files are named like this.

127 Hours - Folder

127 Hours - movie

127 Hours - xml

127 Hours.jpg - png extension from TG

What am i doing wrong. Please help.

steveman,

Ok first, you should know that you can not use the reflections with folders.  So if your file stucture is like this:

folder/

movie folder/

movie file

You are not going to get the effect that’s on the first page.  This is a limitation of the firmware and until WD corrects the bugs in the firmware for the folders, this can’t be helped.

To get the effect that is shown on the first page, you’ll need to have your files structured differently (which also means if you have movies saved as DVD files, you’ll need to convert them to a single file, like ISO, MKV, MP4 etc.), then structure them like this:

folder/

Genre folder/

movie file

movie file

movie file, etc.

So to gvie you an example of how mine are structured, I have mine this way:

Movies (folder)

Action (folder)

16 Blocks.mkv

16 Blocks.xml

16 Blocks.jpg (which is actually a png with the extension changed)

A-Team.mkv

A-Team.xml

A-Team.jpg

Die Hard.mkv

Die Hard.xml

Die Hard.jpg

And so on.  Only doing something simillar to this, will you get the effect that you are looking for.

Hope this helps.

PS:  Look at the sample folder that I have in the download.

Really like your theme. I had a lot of trouble getting it to work, basically  because I’m brain dead. Got the movies all set, now I’m going for TV and music. One question though. I don’t know what you all call the different views, gallery, etc. The views that have the box art in a row at the bottom of the screen, where the box in the middle is larger and the boxes on either side get progressively smaller-are the boxes supposed to scroll across so the chosen box is the large one in the middle? Did I explain that properly? It seems lt should-the chosen box should be the prominent box both by size and position. Anyway, if it is supposed to, mine doesn’t do it. Am I missing a setting or something? 

Also, what is Trickle?

Thanks.

Don’t know if you got it to work. If not, I had the same problem until I realized that simply putting “.jpg” at the end  of the file doesn’t change the extension. I had to go into Tools/Folder Options/View and uncheck the Hide extensions box. Then I was able to change the .png to .jpg and everything was groovy. I guess I’ve been using a Mac to long to know about extensions on Windows.

Yeah, most people that aren’t real fimiliar with Windows don’t know that you have to unhide the extensions to change them. 

Trickle is what you see in the “Gallery” view, which is the view you described.  It’s were the the view looks as though it “trickles” down from the center outward so that it looks as though there is depth to the Cover Art.

The way that I have implemented Trickle is really a work-around, since in a perfect world, the selected thumbnail would be always centered.  But there is no opiton to make the HUB scroll this way, so you have to go to the centered icon before the effect takes place.

You should also know that this is a rework of someone elses theme (PsychoTHC made this theme, I just made some additions), and this is not a complete theme, I didn’t have the time to change everything to make it work right.  My complete theme that uses the same effects in MOJO, if you like how this them looks you should give it a try.

Doh! I thought I DID have Mojo! I was wondering why it didn’t have that green curve on the background. I loaded that up and I do like it very much. Great job! When I was changing themes, I had the Anodized theme up and it had an Upgrade option. I chose it, it downloaded and instead of the Anodized theme, I had the Legacy theme that wouldn’t go away. Even though he anodized theme name was still there. I had to delete it and copy a fresh folder over to get it back.

Anywho, if you find a way to get the thumbnails to rotate like we said, I think that would push the theme into the hall of fame so I hope you’ve got an idea for it.