Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

@ Joey

As you said the home menu icons are really easy to modify, I think Fahren refers to the icons on the SetUp screen (setup_icon_011–>setup_icon_020) the text is embedded with some icons at the background.

By the way Joey when I try to open one of those item (setup_icon_011.png) I get an error on photoshop the only way I can get them open is to change the extension from png to jpg, Why is that ?, The error is something about wrong format module that can not be read.

Well anyway I tried to modify but ufff is a time consuming work to change the 12 icons…here an example of what I done so far:

Link till the picture is accepted by the moderator of the forum:

http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9705/setupicon012.png

Because all the setup icons are actual *.jpg’s  … i deliberately did it.  (I Have My Reasons)

If you want the Default “Setup” screen back, you can simply delete

rv_setup_entry_page.xml

without going to any great fuss

For the tv series, this is going to be the same way ? (It’s just using Poster Thumbnails)

Cheers!

@Joey

Thanks a lot for all you support, I have to admit that I’m really surprised by the precisions of your explanations and the patience that you might have. It’s very apprecialble, it’s not always the case.

As I said before, I’m a real noob in this field but I wanna learn how it works but I know it will take time. I started to read the first pages of this topic and I have some questions (I have a lot…), excuse me if some of them have been already asked I didn’t read everything in details.

1. Firstly, I tried to find your font “Scout Regular” in Photoshop but I don’t think that this font is contained in the soft. So I’ve tried to download it on the web but it’s not free, because it’s a profesionnal font. So my first question is, do you know where can I find this font ?

2. I tried to use Thumbgen for the creation of the thumbnails and xml files in order to have the infos that I want (I’m a little maniac…) I experimenced when the genre of the movie was for example Drama/Action in Thumbgen, in the WD TV it was Various or something like that (I don’t know the exact translation in English). The question I have is : Is it possible when we filter on the WD TV by genre and if the genre in the XML file is Drama/Action to have the same movie in the folder “Action” and on another folder “Drama” because it’s at the same time Drama and Action.

3. Always in Thumbgen, I don’t understand why, when I put the Date of the movie, in the WD TV i have “N/A”, I’ve tried all the dates formats dd-MM-yyyy OR MM-dd-yyyy OR yyyy. Sometimes it works sometimes not, so what is the rule ?

To follow with this, is it possible to only plot the year ?

1. On this pic :
    http://imageshack.us/a/img823/3791/15thumbslinkflags.png

I saw that  MPAA ratings, the year, the type of audio, quality etc had been implemented. I heard about Linksheet but I don’t know what is it. How do we implement “this function” on this theme ?

1. On the same pic, we have on the right the pictures of 15 movies and on the left the description of this movie with another picture. This picture is extract from the thumbnail, is it possible to customize this picture or not ? If it is, how ? I repeat, excuse me sincerely if this question had already been asked :frowning:

2. On the WD TV, next to the hour time, It’s written on the screen “Temperature” but the value of the temperature is not, as if the connection between AccuWeather hasn’t been done. So is there a way to disable the plotting of the temperature ?

3. When we use the internal scrapper of the WD TV, a file “.methathumbs is generated”, what is the function of this file because when I deleted all the files and I generated the XML and the thumbnail it was working without it.

I have others questions but I will keep on searching before.

Have a nice day and thanks again for this amazing theme you made.

1) Sorry, just find a similar font. Other fonts used in the theme here (free)
2) I’ve only every used filter by “Folders” and Genres into individual Folders.
3) Open a Ticket and Submit a Bug Report to Thumbgen here
4) Linksheets explained a few Pages back.
5) It’s the same picture (cropped and top aligned)
6) Go to Accuweather > Settings > Set Favourite City > Add Favourite City
7) metathumbs are an annoyance, they override jpg’s and folder.jpg’s,  just delete them

The Dutch/Flemish ( Netherlands/Belgium ) files for the translation kick-off … :smileyvery-happy:

Includes all images and xml files.

Clickertheclick

Edit: 14-01-2013: Updated screens with the Alaska Scout font types.

Do you want to make your language available? You can get the psd files here.

Clickthis

PM me with any questions.

1 Like

Awesome work, now we need a Spanish translations! , If you could do it Let me Know and I will be happy to help.

Thanks Medic …

This is where i would have messed up … You’ve got  “GAMES”  still as  “GAMES”

But from my search, Google translations … “GAMES” is “SPELEN”  in Dutch ?

And “SERVICES” is “DIENSTEN” in Dutch ? …  not  “APPS”

Is this a “Direct”  Language Conversion ?  Or an artistic license conversion ?

Me too need a Spanish translations! Please help me!

I can do the French version if you tell me how to do.

Do you have the original pictures of the setup but without any text ? If yes, can you send us these pictures ?

Otherwise, it’s a great work !

@Joey

There are more and more English words in the Dutch vocabulary.

“Spelen” is used in “playing a game …”

The real dutch word for “Games” is “Spelletjes” for smaller games and “Spellen” for larger games, however “Spellen” can also be used as “to spell out ( a word )” … so that is why i left in the word “Games”.

For “Services” the real word is indeed “Diensten” but on mobile phones, Smart TV’s, Settop boxes ect. “Apps” is used for Internet applications like in the services section.

So you see it is NOT a direct language conversion but a modern style translation.

Question:

Is it OK with you that i post the conversion .psd files here?

@drizzt09,

would it be possible to make your TV template available the download link is not working, would greatly appreciate it thanks.

@Medic

Thanks for the Explanation, I’ll stick with English

Sure, you can post the .psd’s … Maybe put a “PM me with any questions”

(Because me personally, i don’t use “Photoshop” … so i can’t help)

@sceeter fixed again and located  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ml3xb84xc1ezbh2

@drizzt09

Your link is returning this message …

I’ve had Mediafire do that to me too. On files that were 2yrs old no less.

Just contact them and ask them why it’s being blocked and they fix it.

i dont understand, it works fine on 2 different PCs for me… yes 1 of them is the one I log in with, but the one I have never logged into my account

New link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ml3xb84xc1ezbh2

New Link includes font

Hey Joey,

is it possible to have the duration time at the focused filmtitle (in large video browse and video browse)?

(sorry for my english, i’m german:wink:)

No     (sorry for my blunt english, i’m tired:wink:)

@drizzt09

the new download link worked fine 

friendly advice ?  

include the “Aeon Fonts” with it (or a Download “Link”) … otherwise, it aint gonna look how you designed it

<TextElement Name=“Season” X=“0” Y=“144” Width=“240” Height=“31” AutoSize=“False” Multiline=“False” Font=“Aeon Main CE,18,True,False,False,False,Point,0” ForeColor=“-4144960” StrokeColor=“-5658199” StrokeWidth=“0” Text=“SEASON %SEASON%” TextAlignment=“TopCenter” TextQuality=“AntiAlias” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True” />
      <ImageElement Name=“Cover Panel” X=“0” Y=“152” Width=“240” Height=“170” Source=“File” Offset=“0” MultiPageIndex=“-1” SourceData=“%PATH%\wdtvpanel.png” NullImageUrl=“” PreserveMetaData=“True” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True” />
      <TextElement Name=“Episode Title” X=“2” Y=“192” Width=“240” Height=“94” AutoSize=“False” Multiline=“True” Font=“Aeon Main CE,20,True,False,False,False,Point,0” ForeColor=“-1” StrokeColor=“-1” StrokeWidth=“0” Text=“%EPISODETITLE%” TextAlignment=“MiddleCenter” TextQuality=“AntiAlias” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True” />
      <TextElement Name=“Episode” X=“0” Y=“296” Width=“240” Height=“33” AutoSize=“False” Multiline=“False” Font=“Aeon Main CE,25,True,False,False,False,Point,0” ForeColor=“-4144960” StrokeColor=“-5658199” StrokeWidth=“0” Text=“EPISODE %EPISODE%” TextAlignment=“TopCenter” TextQuality=“AntiAlias” TGD_IsLocked=“False” TGD_IsVisible=“True” />
    </Elements>
  </ImageDrawTemplate>