Alaska Resurface [WDTV LIVE HUB & SMP]

@ Nielvh

Finally got around to doing a “Preview View” Design plus an Alternate Gallery View which works better.

Still working on it . and making some changes.   See Page(1) for Up-to-Date Screenshots.

maybe a Beta Release Soon…

1 Like

Hi Joey,

I love this new theme !

Great work.

Can’t wait to test it !

PS: Is this theme will be compatible with the last firmware ?

@fanturi

PS: Is this theme will be compatible with the last firmware ?

I dont know, i do not run the latest Firmware.  Im Running Firmware 2.07.17

This ‘Theme’  Use’s the  “Aeonish Hub Moviesheets” which are not compatible with Firmware Above 2.07.17

The Theme does Support  ‘Non-Moviesheet’  Poster Thumbnails  to a degree (which is the only concession that it might be usable with latter firmware and possibly smp.)

1 Like

The latest screenshots look so good. Can’t wait till you publish the final version!

Hi Joey!

Just seen your update…liking this ‘refreshing’ theme very much.

I think your update has gone slightly un-noticed, so hope others will notice it now.

One thing though…

Have you dropped your original Aeon Moviesheet template (movie thumb cover with reflection) in this theme, as I have noticed the thumbs in large_video view, preview view and video_browse do not have a reflection? or is this just achieved using masking technique?

Also and I suppose what i’m trying to ask you is that will you be redesigning your Aeon moviesheet to suit your recent discovery of the relection code? i.e…no reflection effect on the movie thumb.

EDIT- Sorry just read your earlier post quote-

'This ‘Theme’  Use’s the  “Aeonish Hub Moviesheets” which are not compatible with Firmware Above 2.07.17

The Theme does Support  ‘Non-Moviesheet’  Poster Thumbnails  to a degree (which is the only concession that it might be usable with latter firmware and possibly smp.)'

However my second question still stands.

Thanks.

@architectonic

Thanks for the questions… here’s a little more info

* This theme does use the Aeonish Png Moviesheets … no redesign (Aeonish Hub and this are Compatible)

* Likely i will do a slight Re-design to Accomodate the Aeonish Png Media-Flag Moviesheets as well

* The overall design is ‘hiding’ the Reflections on the Sheets (Deliberate design choice) 

beneficial side effect is normal standard Hub Scraped Posters can be used with minimal change to the look of the theme.

* The theme should, i think be compatible with latest Firmware using normal Jpeg Posters (Cannont guarantee though)

In closing, the theme is supporting my existing moviesheets, no-redesign.

The theme is for Firmware 2.07.17  (but may be compatible with other Firmware)

When will it be released ?   When it’s Finished. 

P.S. Havent done any Theming all week… too busy playing around with my new TV :smiley:

2 Likes

Nice work!  Your gallery view/poster wall in the first screenshot is exactly the sort of layout I have been waiting for.  I’ve been hoping someone would put together a layout like that, as I’m completely clueless about theming.

joey, we are waiting for this awesome theme.

2-3 Weeks of Re-doing this Theme from scratch (after the hub deleted my Theme’s folder)

beta soon… screenshots are WIP (Work In Progress)   See Page(1)

3 Likes

Wow, looks very nice - i think this theme will be my favorite …

Super 

Wow, this looks fabulous…

Hi,

need this Theme the Medialibary?  

Regards 

Hi Joey

I’m so glad to see you have persisted with this theme design of yours Joey, despite your severe knock back of losing your WIP due to the hub. It really is a breath of fresh Alaskan air!! :smiley:

There appears to be some clever coding here as I don’t know how you have been able to pull the different fanart/ screenshots for the image view (2nd image down on the right (Watchmen Movie) from 1st page random screenshots), especially when you aren’t using your original moviesheet design and are now ONLY using jpeg thumbs?

I’m also intrigued upon how you have been able to achieve such a competent theme using the latest FW, which is the one i am using at the mo due the recent BBC iPlayer addition by WD.

Intrigued and Gobsmacked at your persistence! :wink:

Regards

Architectonic

PS- Lots of Kudos to you! :wink:

2 Likes

This is GREAT news Joey.

Was hoping you might find time to continue this after loosing much of your work.

It is appreciated and i for one love your work and find your themes suit my taste best.

This theme looks amazing!!

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Stunning,

Its very clean and awesome.

Looks very impressive.  Thank you for all the work you’ve put into this.  I’m looking forward to trying it out. 

Hi Joey

_Achieved by modifying    metadata_view_backdrop.xml _

Brilliant work !!!, so this could mean that we no longer need to use your original moviesheet design (movie thumb and fanart generated using TG), which only worked with FW 2.0.17 using the png to jpg renaming trick?

If so then this would be the end of the notoriuos PNG issue. :wink:

Also, I have noticed that the are 1280x 720 background fanart images behind the white masking background on your other screenshots…I’m guessing this is created by editting the same XML code?

Great work once again Joey!

I’m a new WDTV Live Hub owner, can’t wait to replace the default theme with Alaska. Hope it works with the current firmware! Thanks for all your hard work!!!

@architectonic

Achieved by modifying    metadata_view_backdrop.xml
Brilliant work !!!, so this could mean that we no longer need to use your original moviesheet design (movie thumb and fanart generated using TG), which only worked with FW 2.0.17 using the png to jpg renaming trick?

No

If so then this would be the end of the notoriuos PNG issue. 

No

Also, I have noticed that the are 1280x 720 background fanart images behind the white masking background on your other screenshots…I’m guessing this is created by editting the same XML code?

No

When i upload the beta (end of week … more work than i anticipated) 

Then you will be able to check it out to see how things work.

1 Like