Æonish Hub ReV2 [WDTV LIVE HUB]

Ahah yes you’re right I’ve forgot it!!! :smileyvery-happy: Mybe I can find a powerful adaptor to get the wifi connection on the hub but between the router and the hub there’s a long distance…

is this supported?

Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter??

If its not on that list…then you take a massive chance.

I would pick one from the list, and then you know it will work.

Realtek RTL8188CU Wireless LAN 802.11n USB 2.0 Network Adapter

the adapter works but the router is too far so there isn’t enought signal (only one bar) to get a connection

p.s.: Think it’s better stop spamming…

Yeah good point.

Well if Wireless is no good.

How about some Network Plugs…something like this.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-200Mbps-Home-Double/dp/B001AIKBB4

Start a new thread and ask what others use.

hi! i really like the style of the music display but my hub doesn’t show the covers correctly. in list view they’re all displayed like a dvd-cover and therefore they’re uglily stretched. in folder view they overlap which isn’t very pretty as well. any ideas?

To get music sheet and cover display correctly

1. Search the web for a large resolution cover and artist wallpaper photo or what else

2. Now you have the two file to make a music sheet with thumbgen

3. If you don’t have thumbgen download it here THumbGen, copy the template into template folder in thumbgen

4. In thumbgen option, imput/output Naming, select the extention of main moviesheet to .png to have transparency

5. You have to make a quicksheet using the cover and the wallpaper, remember to select the correct template

6. Now using your hub select the get info option to get information about the album (the hub will generate an xml file and possibly a cover)

7. Replace the cover with the one you make with thumbgen, (you have to overwrite it) if the hub doesn’t generate the cover then you have to copy the musicsheet in the album folder of the hub and rename it as the xml file (they must have the same name)

If you do those passage you will have the musicsheet and the cover display correctly

:dizzy_face: okay okay okay. i’ll have to resign from my job if i want to do this for 240 artist folders with up to 68 subfolders (albums)… :smileyvery-happy: no-no-no!!!  thanx a lot for your instructions but that’s toooooo much work for me!!! i’ll keep the default theme then…

Hahahahah LOL we’re both waiting for thumbgen new version that will support musicsheet so it will do it automatically and we will save a lot of time XD, I spent a whole afternoon to make musichseet for 12 albums hahaha

Has anyone come up with a better way to make folder thumbs. All my movies look great but my TV Series folders always look terrible.

I know its a Bug, or a glaring omission that the folder jpgs look so dire.

I usually crate a dummy movie folder, let TG scan it, then drop my own cover into the moviesheet, I then save it, cut out the thumb, and save that as a Jpg.

This is a total pain, I am also having problems finding a size that works, it seems so random, if I compile this media library any more, my head and the Hub will go on fire.

The best way is to create your folder icons, if you are using cover art for your folders, is to generate them like a Cover Box.

Create a Cover Box template using Thumbgen Designer, then generate the Cover box as an Extra moviesheet when you make your first file moviesheet.

You should also be able to make TG generate the Cover Box with the name “folder.jpg” if you change the naming format in the Options menu.

This will make all the folder icons the same size.

1 Like

I found a good site for music fan art :

http://www.htbackdrops.com/v2/index.php

1 Like

Yes, this is a good site for music wallpaper… in fact, i’m pretty sure XBMC scrapes this site for music backdrops.

I remember last year (s)  people requesting ‘Thumbgen’ Author to please support music ‘scrapeing’ look-up for music.

From memory, in about November/December 2010 he said Music Would be supported  in 2011…

Nearly 6 Months into 2011 … and no music feature update (also looks, like there wont be… author seems be only doing  maintenance *updates* )

So for now, it’s a manual process…  (personally, for the moment, im just devoting my time to favourite music albums/cd’s until there is a better and easier way to do a large music collection)

JS.

1 Like

Thankx Tinwarble, I remember using one before, thanks for the prompt. I made one from Joeys Moviesheet witha Bluray cover.

I’m having real bother showing Folder.jpgs.

I clear media server, total power down, change sizes…being a right pain.

edit - strangely renaming them to png then jpg. Or renaming to .png and leaving it,make them show up, and thats after me saving it as a jpg from TG. Strange…

JoeySmyth wrote:

Yes, this is a good site for music wallpaper… in fact, i’m pretty sure XBMC scrapes this site for music backdrops.

I remember last year (s)  people requesting ‘Thumbgen’ Author to please support music ‘scrapeing’ look-up for music.

From memory, in about November/December 2010 he said Music Would be supported  in 2011…

Nearly 6 Months into 2011 … and no music feature update (also looks, like there wont be… author seems be only doing  maintenance *updates* )

So for now, it’s a manual process…  (personally, for the moment, im just devoting my time to favourite music albums/cd’s until there is a better and easier way to do a large music collection)

JS.

TG also stated that he was looking into building a new version from scratch.  As the author does this on his spare time, and probably doesn’t make much from donations, he his probably preoccupied making a living.

The maintenance releases are to keep the current version of TG operational and keep up with the changes from the sites that TG scrapes from.  But if TG has stated that he will add something, then he usually comes through on it, you just have to be patient.

wow, a new version from the ground up, I’m sure there’d be some great changes in it. 

Just a tiny update on page (1)  … Updated “video_run” 

1 Like

@plesk90

yeah! i actually expected that there is a solution for this… anywhere! but… it’s not! i wonder how e. g. all the xbmc users obtain all the infos… i don’t think they do by foot.:wink:

wdtvhub wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-200Mbps-Home-Dou​ble/dp/B001AIKBB4

Start a new thread and ask what others use

i use these ones http://www.amazon.co.uk/devolo-dLAN-duo-HomePlug-Starter/dp/B000BK87G8/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1306743916&sr=1-10  or similar

i have already 6 (5 ethernet and 1 audio extender) in my house and it works stable and fine. never had any breakdowns also if hub and 3 pc’s were running

2 hours ago
wdtvhub wrote:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Max-Value-200Mbps-Home-Dou​ble/dp/B001AIKBB4

Start a new thread and ask what others use

i use these ones http://www.amazon.co.uk/devolo-dLAN-duo-HomePlug-Starter/dp/B000BK87G8/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UT…  or similar

i have already 6 (5 ethernet and 1 audio extender) in my house and it works stable and fine. never had any breakdowns also if hub and 3 pc’s were running

This topic would be better discussed in other forums.

This is a ‘Theme’ forum and this thread is for my ‘AEonish Hub Theme’.

Discussion of ‘Network’ and "Wireless’ solutions… please see the ‘Network’ Forum

http://community.wdc.com/t5/Network/bd-p/hub_network

Thankyou

JS.

1 Like

edit: ACKNOWLEDGED!!!

sorry!