Wired Streaming Speed Limitations

In this  post,  “ivork” says this about the latest firmware:

“I did notice that my tranfer rate increased slightly. It went from 4.5 Mb/s to 5Mb/s when copying videos to it.”

Does the Live Hub stream from a network drive (to HDMI) faster than this?  Does the LIve Plus do any better?

I want to play my 24Mbps AVCHD content from a network drive and need a solution.  Copying the files to the disk of the hub is unappealing given the rate that “ivork” quoted.

Thanks!

As long as you’re doing a WIRED network connection, 24 Mbit/second won’t be an issue.

Some people can do this via WiFi as well, but not many…

I found this quote from a review  here

“Transferring very large files takes time even on a wired network, but we were sorely disappointed in this device’s file-transfer performance given that it’s the first media player we’ve seen to boast Gigabit Ethernet. It took nearly two hours to copy a 9GB DVD ISO from our Windows Home Server machine to the WD TV Live Hub’s internal hard drive, indicating a data-transfer rate of just over 10Mb/s.”

I did the calculation, and the 10Mb/s quoted is 10 megabits per second.  So unless the network interface is faster streaming, then maybe I’m SOL.

That’s just flat wrong.   It can get close to 100 megabits per second.

Drat.  Judging from the specs here, it looks it may not play the video anyway which is 1920x1080 60i AVCHD, and1920x1080 30p AVCHD.

For what it’s worth I meant to say I had a 5MB/s (Megabyte) copy rate. That would probably equate to 40 Mb/s (Megabits). Keep in mind that I was also using a wireless connection. I’m also not sure how this would relate to streaming. Good Luck!