Twonky

Hi Guys

I have just installed Twonky on my iMac which is set up and working. When I turn the iMac off Twonky stop working is there a way I can turn the iMac off but still able to access my shared files from the WD Live Hub.

Thanks

As far as I know there is no way to enable the Mac to be accessible to the network while off or in stand by mode.

Thanks for your reply.

Is it possible if I attached a external hard drive.

Thanks

You don’t need a MAC or a PC to access the hub’s contents. Turn on the hub’s DLNA Media Server and you can access the hub’s contents from any DLNA devices.

The DLNA server is on. What I am trying to do is access my video files stored on a external hard drive attached to my iMac. Without the need for the iMac to be on or the need to unplug the drive and attached it to the WD Hub. Thanks

Well in that case you might want to buy a router that supports USB hard drives, that way you can connect it directly to the router and make it accessible on your local network.

1 Like

MediaKev wrote:
The DLNA server is on. What I am trying to do is access my video files stored on a external hard drive attached to my iMac. Without the need for the iMac to be on or the need to unplug the drive and attached it to the WD Hub. Thanks

I misunderstood you. If that’s what you want to achieve, you can’t do that with your current device. You can do that if you replace your external drive with a NAS.

I have a router that have a USB port on it and when I plug the hard drive in I can access it from the iMac & my PC but Not the WD Hub is there any reason why that can be? Thanks for all your help.

I would check the manufacturer of the router see if you have the lastest firmware. Check your modem settings. Do you connect wired or wireless to the router ?