Twonky media share issue

I have a WDTVLIVEHUB and it all works perfectly apart from Twonky. I have mapped the hub to the Y drive on my laptop running XP. I can see all the media on the hub from my laptop and see all the shared content in my laptop from the hub.

When I try and acess twonky media on my laptop I type in type in the IP address of the hub followed by :9000 and I can configure TWonky etc, but cannot see ANY media at all.

I have tried restarts, rescans and database rebuilds - when I do this, you can see Twonky scanning my content but nothing is shared when it finishes!
I have searched the knowledge base and forums but nothing helps. Any ideas? How should Twonky be configured?

Typing the IP address :9000 to configure Twonky is just for that: To configure it and assign permissions. If you want to see the content via Twonky then you need a DLNA certified device able to receive the Twonky broadcast.

ThePizzaMatrix wrote:

…If you want to see the content via Twonky then you need a DLNA certified device able to receive the Twonky broadcast.

That’s not really true with Twonky. 

You can also browse and play your media from the Twonky Web UI.   (Assuming, of course, that your web browser supports the media.)

1 Like

Thanks for the responses.

I do understand all of that and my laptop has previously been able to view hub content via the browser. Typing in the IP address above allows me to access and configure Twonky. I can scan, restart the server and rebuild the database, but each time nothing shows up even though I can see it scanning my content

ie I see

Videos 0

Photos 0

Music 0

wrong posting, sry