Problem accessing Video on WD TV Live Hub through QNAP NAS

Hi

Have purchased a WD TV Live Hub and connected it to my Network, have 2 NAS boxes a QNAP 410 and a Netgear Duo. It picks up the Video on the Netgear fine but on the QNAP it finds the name withTwonky Media (Server Name) in Brackets and can only find photos, I’ve upgraded the firmware but the same thing happens, I also have a WD Live but I dont encounter the problem on that. Anyone have any ideas?

Make sure the QNAP’s workgroup name matches all the others…

Not sure what you mean, I gave the QNAP a distinctive name, Gets picked up by the WD live and an astone media player, but the live hub has twonky media in brackets and can only see photos

Ok, if you’re only trying to use the MEDIA SERVER function, then I don’t know what the issue might be unless you don’t have TWONKY configured.

I use my QNAPs in NETWORK SHARE mode.

OK, this may be where the problem is, If I try and connect under NetworkShare it doesn’t pick up any of the NAS devices. Under Media Share I can access the data off the Netgear NAS, but not off the QNAP. Any idea how I can see the NAS boxes under Network Share?

As I said before, you need to make sure your workgroup is properly configured.

Thanks for the prompt response, will check it tonight

Cheers:smileyvery-happy:

Hi There,

I have the same problem when trying to access My QNAP via network share. It tries to log in with Anonymous and a pre-populated pasword.

I change it to Admin\**** but it can’t connect.

Would you mind expanding on configuring the network shares properly please?

What do settings do i need to check?

Thanks!

SD

TonyPh12345 wrote:

As I said before, you need to make sure your workgroup is properly configured.

I think the correct user account name is “admin” not “Admin” but I’m not sure that makes a difference.

When you say it can’t connect, what error message do you receive?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

It says “there is no media in the current folder”

Im assuming it’s successfully connecting to my NAS as it doe snot complain about not beinf able to access the QNAP NAS.

WHat Directory is WD TV Live looking at on the NAS?

Thanks and Regards

SD

samir_d wrote:

Hi,

WHat Directory is WD TV Live looking at on the NAS?

If it says that from the beginning, then the directory or directories you’re sharing don’t have any supported media files.

Look in the QNAP’s logs.  You should see what it’s accessing.

Hi, Problem Solved.

Tasks on NAS:

1. I Changed the Workgroup name of my NAS to SamsHome

2. Created an Account on NAS called WDLIVE and created a password on my QNAP NAS for this account

3. Restarted NAS

Tasks on WDLIVE Hub:

1. Started up WDLIVE Hub and punched in WorkGroup name i setup on my NAS under setup

2. Changed source to Network Share

3. Punched Username and password according to the account i setup on my NAS and…

Voila! Compiling Media Library

Hope this helps someone.