How to setup network sync with wd tv live hub

When I try to setup a network sync to my computer the wdtv ask for a user name and password to get to my computer what do I need to do to set it up to work. I am running windows 7 home 64 bit.

1 Like

Just use the default of Anonymous and a blank password.

Tony - I’m experencing the same problem with sync. Anonymous and a blank password does not work, “Invalid username or password”

Sync setup is OFF, and setup does not accept your recommendation.

Just picked up the unit 3/19/11, firmware updated to 2.04.13

Everything else appears to be working correctly. No problem with network, file transfers, just sync setup is the issue.

Thanks

Jim

1 Like

I have the exact same problem myself. Can’t log in with either anonymous, administrator or any actual user account name. Always “Invalid username or password”. Everything else works, ie. network connection is good, I can transfer and play files from my PC, etc.

Firmware version is 2.04.13.

Oh and another thing, the firmware insists on showing Fahrenheit instead of Celsius in the thermometer. :stuck_out_tongue:

ekseli wrote:

Oh and another thing, the firmware insists on showing Fahrenheit instead of Celsius in the thermometer. :stuck_out_tongue:

Go to the accuweather service and change it to C.

1 Like

Hi Eskell,

Yea… the Weather plugin show a Fahrenheit button but displays Celsius and vice a versa, It’s a ‘Change To’ button.

1 Like

Hi

I am having the same problem I read on an another thread that windows live was a problem but that should now be fixed in the latest firmware. Getting invalid login with the anonymous and emoy password.

1 Like