OLD BUG: Video setting keeps reverting to Composite; won't stay on Component

by ‎12-23-2011 08:35 PM - edited ‎04-12-2012 06:17 PM

Found a bug with the new firmware. My video setting is on Component, but whenever I reboot the hub, or even put it on standby, the video setting reverts to Composite. This is is very annoying.

I can confirm that the bug is still present on 3.03.16

Comments
by on ‎12-24-2011 02:53 PM

mzuar:  Do you have ANTHING plugged into the HDMI connection?  

Also, you're going to need to answer all the questions at the right before this issue will be moved on...

by on ‎12-24-2011 05:55 PM

I have the same problem with my Live TV Media Hub

Firmware Version 3.01.19

Which firmware? 3.01.19
-

What happened?  My video setting is on Component, but whenever I reboot the hub, or even put it on standby, the video setting reverts to HDMI. This is is very annoying since my TV obviously doesn't recognize HDMI and needs Component. This only started happening after firmware update.  I have nothing connected to ANY of the other video out connections.

I'd like to roll back to the previous firmware Version 3.00.28 BUT I can't find it anywhere on the WD site. A link to where I can get this would be very appreciated.

-What were you doing? Turning the Live TV Hub on
-Does this happen every time? YES
-What hardware and media were you using? LIVE TV HUB
-Did this happen with previous firmware? NO
-Does power cycling the unit solve this? NO
-Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? NO
-Have you tried this on other devices? NO
by on ‎12-25-2011 09:52 PM

I am having almost the same problem with a video setting of Component.  Ever since I performed the firmware update to 3.01.19, whenever I turn off the Live TV Media Hub device using the Power button, my Video setting, which should be Component, is lost and switches to Composite.  I never had this problem with previous firmwares.  One thing to note is that a software Restart does NOT cause the Video setting to be lost, only when I turn the device off using the red button on the remote control.  As a result of this, my  Live TV Media Hub, which requires Component video, is rendered useless and only displays squiggly lines.  Please advise how to revert back to previous firmware version or fix.

-Which firmware?     3.01.19
-What happened?   Installed firmware, which appeared to be successful.  After 24 hours or so, when happened to turn off the device, my video settings were lost and set to Composite.  Screen became un-readable and un-usable.
-What were you doing?   Turning off, then on, the device with red Power button
-Does this happen every time?  Yes
-What hardware and media were you using?  Soney Wega 32" HD TV with Component inputs
-Did this happen with previous firmware?  No
-Does power cycling the unit solve this?  No
-Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?  Didn't try
-Have you tried this on other devices?  No
by on ‎12-25-2011 10:44 PM

Please upvote this issue to catch WD's attention

by on ‎12-26-2011 01:00 PM

I have the same issue losing compnent settings from either standby or reboot.

- Which firmware?  3.01.19
-What happened?   I am using Component cables only.  When resuming from standby or powering on lines go squiggly and lose video settings.  I have to plug in composite cables and re select component to get it working again
-What were you doing? Turning on or resuming from standby
-Does this happen every time? Yes
-What hardware and media were you using? N/A
-Did this happen with previous firmware? No
-Does power cycling the unit solve this? No
-Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? Not tried
-Have you tried this on other devices? no
by ‎12-26-2011 01:25 PM - edited ‎12-28-2011 01:51 AM

I have the same HDMI problem since the firmware upgrade, the unit has now switched from component video-out to HDMI and refuses to change.  It goes through the motions of changing in the video menu, but ends up unchanged.  I have an aging but expensive non HD Viera that relies on component input. So now all I get is an unviewable screen and the WD is unusable.  My spare bedroom TV is HD, and connecting the unit there by HDMI is how I know the WD has gone to HDMI.  I've tried paperclip reset, total powerdown etc which only succeeded in screwing up my video thumbnails again. 

-

Which firmware?     3.01.19

What happened?   Installed firmware, which appeared to be successful.  After 24 hours or so.....

Turned on the device, my video settings were lost and set to HDMI.  Screen became un-readable and un-usable.

-What were you doing?   Turning on the device with red remote power button
-Does this happen every time?  Yes this seems to be permanent, the video output menu settings appear to change, but on leaving the menu .......still HDMI.
-What hardware and media were you using?  Viera 42" TV (pre HD) with Component inputs using only component cables, HDMI port unused.
-Did this happen with previous firmware?  No
-Does power cycling the unit solve this?  No
-Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?  ...No
-Have you tried this on other devices?  Yes, samsung HD 32" via HDMI, ..only way see the screen or read the menu, which still won't change from HDMI.

I  have also rolled back the firmware to 3.00.28 to no avail.  I've noticed that changing from HDMI to component  results in a message regarding changing resolution rather than type (composite etc) and sure enough you can change the component resolution, but the final result is HDMI at that resolution.

by ‎12-28-2011 07:48 AM - edited ‎12-28-2011 08:55 AM

I have the same issue as well.  However I am not convinced it switches to HDMI.  My WD Live Hub is connected by component cables to my Onkyo HT-RC370 receiver which is connected to my Mitsubishi WS55a tv by component cables.  When the WD Live Hub power cycles the component connection will come up for about a second and then lose frequency/phase with the tv.  I can connect a composite cable, switch my tv to the composite input and go into WD Hub video output and manually change to component 1080i 60hz, switch tv back to component input and all is well until the next WD Hub power cycle.

-Which firmware? 3.01.19
-What happened? Component output loses phase with tv
-What were you doing? Uodated firmware and power cycled the WD Hub
-Does this happen every time? Yes
-What hardware and media were you using? WD Live Hub no media in use
-Did this happen with previous firmware? No
-Does power cycling the unit solve this? No, It causes it to happen
-Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? No
-Have you tried this on other devices? Yes

I have tried all the other resolutions/frequencies available in the video output - compontent settings and the only one that works, with my hardware, is the 1080i 60hz

by on ‎12-28-2011 10:15 AM

I rolled back to 3.00.28 firmware, and the problem does not exist anymore. 

by on ‎12-28-2011 10:21 AM
Dingos,
I'm not sure if you have this same issue. My issue was fixed when I rolled back to previous firmware. I also was able to switch to component just fine, but the problem was that the settings kept reverting whenever the unit would go on standby or reboot. You may have an issue with your TV or the unit. 

by on ‎12-28-2011 09:20 PM

Any chance we'll get confirmation that this issue could be reproduced and will be fixed by Western Digital?

Announcements
The Live Hub Issue Reporting is a variation of our idea exchange being used for the purpose of reporting issues with your WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

In order to effectively report an issue you are experiencing with your WD TV, please make sure you include:

- Which firmware?
- What happened?
- What were you doing?
- Does this happen every time?
- What hardware and media were you using?
- Did this happen with previous firmware?
- Does power cycling the unit solve this?
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?
- Have you tried this on other devices?

Our goal is to try to address the issues that are the most important to you. Use the kudos arrow to say "Me too!" if you see an issue that affects you.

Issue Statuses explained here.
Issue Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD