MKV vs SAMSUNG SMART TV over DLNA

by ‎03-05-2013 09:30 AM - edited ‎03-05-2013 01:23 PM

I have just bought a WD TV Live Hub, updated with the last firmware.

I can´t see MKV´s files via DLNA on a Samsung Smart TV. I read a lot on the web, and seems to be a version problem of the Twonky Server inside the WDTV Live Hub. (mine is 5.1.9).

How can update the Twonky Server inside the WDTV Live Hub ? Is that the problem of my MKV´s ???

Lot of thanks.

-Which firmware? 3.10.09
-What happened? MKV don´t play over DLNA
-What were you doing? Playing MKVs
-Does this happen every time? Yes
-What hardware and media were you using?WD TV Live Huv vs Samsung Smart TV UN32D5500
-Did this happen with previous firmware? Yes
-Does power cycling the unit solve this? No
-Does resetting to factory defaults solve this? No
-Have you tried this on other devices? Yes, with other media server works OK
Announcements
The Live Hub Issue Reporting is a variation of our idea exchange being used for the purpose of reporting issues with your WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

In order to effectively report an issue you are experiencing with your WD TV, please make sure you include:

- Which firmware?
- What happened?
- What were you doing?
- Does this happen every time?
- What hardware and media were you using?
- Did this happen with previous firmware?
- Does power cycling the unit solve this?
- Does resetting to factory defaults solve this?
- Have you tried this on other devices?

Our goal is to try to address the issues that are the most important to you. Use the kudos arrow to say "Me too!" if you see an issue that affects you.

Issue Statuses explained here.
Issue Statuses
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2013 Western Digital Corporation, All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Terms of Service | Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD