Help! newest firmware upgrade broke my hub!j

Help! I installed the newest firmware update and now I can’t play any videos! After trying to start s all I get is a little yellow arrow circling the screen and no movie! Anyone else have this problem? What can I do??

Downgrade to a previous firmware: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

I’m running the 3.01.19 FW without almost any problems (for my audio, video use).

Mmoody26 wrote:
Help! I installed the newest firmware update and now I can’t play any videos! After trying to start s all I get is a little yellow arrow circling the screen and no movie! Anyone else have this problem? What can I do??

Rolling back your firmware is the answer. I had to go all the way back to 2.07.17 to get mine to work right. I stream video to my hub using PlayOn. When it hits a file it has to wait for a long time to buffer in to be able to play I get the SAOD (Spinning Arrow of Death) when using FW above 2.07.17. With 2.07.17 installed, if this happens it just simply tells me it can’t play the media and returns me to the previous screen (as it should do) then I just tell it to play it again and it usually plays the stream just fine. But I don’t think, because PlayOn is involved, we’ll ever convince WD they have a bug. It’ll just get blamed on PlayOn.

Try power cycling your Hub when this happens. It clears mine up until I hit another bad stream or file. Then I have to power it down again before I can even play anything on it.