WD Media Remote won't recognise devices

Hi

This is my first post, about an issue driving me crazy.

I have a Belkin Play Max Router with a WD MyBook Live NAS. Connected to this I have a WD Live Hub, and a WD Live, both connected using ethernet over powerline.I also have a Nexus 7 tablet connected wirelessly.

They map to:

198.168.2.3 MyBook Live

198.168.2.4 WD Live Hub

198.168.2.5 WD Live

Mostly they work well - I can see them both from my PC and Tablet, can access the files on their drives from my PC and my tablet, and they both stream fine from the MyBook Live. I can also access and control the Live Hub using the web remote client on my Tablet.All firmware is up to date.

However, I have installed the WD TV Remote app on the Tablet, and it just won’t work. It simply refuses to find either the WD Live or the WD Live Hub. No matter what I try, it simply won’t find any devices.

I found onw reference to disabling IGMP protocol on the router as a possible fix, but can’t find a setting for this.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Hello, try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it again, as long as all of the devices are part of the same network the app should see the WDTV’s. If the problem continues try disconnecting one of the WDTV’s from the network and then try again.