WD Live Hub Problems

I recently purchased a WD Live Hub and I am having several problems,

1. WD live Hub is causing intermittent problems with my internet connection. Since I have connected it when I am browsing the Internet I lose connectivity and have to restart my router. I still can connect to outside networks because I can ping but I have no internet through browser. When I disconnect the Live Hub no issues. I am using an older Motorola WR850 router.

2. I am constantly being prompted to install a driver for the Live Hub. Every action I make on the Live Hub I get a prompt on my pc asking me to install driver. I understand the driver is supposed to be automatically installed so Im not sure what to do. Operating system is Vista.

3. Most movies I have transferred to Live Hub are either pixalated at various times, stop playing all together or have very bad sync issues. These movies work fine on my other media players and devices.

Bottom line did I buy a lemon product? I had such high hopes for this product but it seems to be full of bugs.

1. WD live Hub is causing intermittent problems with my internet connection. Since I have connected it when I am browsing the Internet I lose connectivity and have to restart my router. I still can connect to outside networks because I can ping but I have no internet through browser. When I disconnect the Live Hub no issues. I am using an older Motorola WR850 router.

Check your firewall settings on the router… if you are able to ping it might be a DNS issue on the router.

1. I am constantly being prompted to install a driver for the Live Hub. Every action I make on the Live Hub I get a prompt on my pc asking me to install driver. I understand the driver is supposed to be automatically installed so Im not sure what to do. Operating system is Vista.

If is asking you to install the drivers, you just need to do that and it wont pront you that again…

1. Most movies I have transferred to Live Hub are either pixalated at various times, stop playing all together or have very bad sync issues. These movies work fine on my other media players and devices.

Make sure to hard reset the hub to see if that resolve the issue…

1 Like

Thanks, i thought no one would answer my post but unfortunately I have tried a hard reset. I am thinking about getting a new router and getting rid of “old reliable” to see if that solves the network problems but I am sure that the playback and annoying “install driver” issue will stiil persist. 

Is anyone else having these problems? I cannot play any movies on the WD Live Hub. I have transferred all my movies to the internal storage and I have yet to get any movie to play all the way through. Most only play only 2 minutes in and I always get the popup “Windows has found new hardware” on my PC but it cannot find any drivers. I am trying to get any help as soon as possible because I want  to be able to return it if does not function as advertised. Thanks in advance for any help.

bignastyfun wrote:

Is anyone else having these problems? I cannot play any movies on the WD Live Hub. I have transferred all my movies to the internal storage and I have yet to get any movie to play all the way through. Most only play only 2 minutes in and I always get the popup “Windows has found new hardware” on my PC but it cannot find any drivers. I am trying to get any help as soon as possible because I want  to be able to return it if does not function as advertised. Thanks in advance for any help.

have you ticked the box to allow it search online for the ‘driver’.

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-General-Discussions/windows-asking-for-drivers/td-p/17186/page/4