Version 3.03.16 - Resolved Issues!

I’ve Just updated the firmware on my WD TV Live Hub, and you can imagine my disappointment to see that the only items that have been fixed have been to do with resolving ‘MLB.TV’.

Now whilst I’ve every sympathy with those who want to watch stuff like that, I would think looking through the forum, that there are a lot more bigger issues effecting a lot more owners than a fix for the above, or at least you should have thought to incorporate into version 3.03.16.

Come on WD, do a bit more for the rest of us, like including BBC iPlayer (for those of us in the UK), and sorting out some of the other issues that plague so many others. Just read all the postings.

Thanks

2 Likes

In the release notes is specified that only issues related to MLB were fixed.  Nonetheless a new firmware, to fix more issues not sure if the ones you are requesting, is supposed to be released soon, AFAIK.

Seems to work fine for me. But one bug that has to be fixed is Track sorting in Albums.  If the unit were to simply look at the “filename” where most people do have the track number included at the start or at the very least the track number which is a tag that’s been around for decades.

Oooh It’s fixed…

Put your track number in the filename “as is pretty standard” and it all works beautifully.  From the WD Interface at least if not my TVs DLNA Interface.

Could it be that people get confused in the features on the WD Interface on the WD box verses the interface on DLNA devices such as my TV…?

“I’ve Just updated the firmware on my WD TV Live Hub, and you can imagine my disappointment to see that the only items that have been fixed have been to do with resolving ‘MLB.TV’.”

You and me both, man.  Though I’m sure for people who don’t live in their favorite team’s blackout area, this is a huge deal.  But for now MLB.tv is forced to black out local teams by the cable companies to maintain their monopoly, so the service is useless to 99% of us since we can’t view our local teams on there.  To those who aren’t interested in more increased-content updates like this, the only thing that is going to break the cable monopolies is getting more people to switch to WD Live and the like, which requires more content.  I’m greatful for any firmware update they put out - whether it improves performance or offers more content!