Vob cover art, issue resolved in 3.11.10

The title says it all!

Notes from my upgrade experience:

1.  After update, make sure to clear your media library (the upgrade produces duplicate of many titles, this is corrected after the media library is rescanned).

2.  Titles will need to be scanned for cover art (it won’t automatically appear), as the get content process has changed since 2.07.17.

3.  A reminder of the character limit on “Get Content Info” - certain titles will not work if the folder name is too long, such as “Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter” or “Wall Street Money Never Sleeps”

Thanks WD, I appreciate the fact that you took note of the forum comments and resolved this issue!

2 Likes

I totally agree. Finally!

Hmmm i am still having the issue.  The only way I can get the cover art to appear is to copy the metathumb file Get Content Info" finds for me then rename it VTS_01_0.JPG and throw it in the VIDEO_TS folder and then finally perform a rescan.  The circular arrow spins for a bit then bam the cover art appears.

Did you try removing old info and adding new one?

TheHills44060 wrote:

Hmmm i am still having the issue.  The only way I can get the cover art to appear is to copy the metathumb file Get Content Info" finds for me then rename it VTS_01_0.JPG and throw it in the VIDEO_TS folder and then finally perform a rescan.  The circular arrow spins for a bit then bam the cover art appears.

Not for me. Have a WD live.

Just have the movie file in a general folder "Movies

When I click “get content info”, the correct movie come up, I select it, and everything appears (name, movie info, background art) EXCEPT cover art. All I get is a green box.

I have added heaps of cover art this way before the update.

None of my new additionswork re: cover art.

Also, renaming a jpeg same as the movie doesn’t seem to work either. Nor putting the in their own folders with a folder.jpeg

Any ideas?

Ignore the above. It was solved by unplugging the unit and repowering it.

Note: The latest upgrade reverted half my artwork to green boxes, which was resolved by the hard reset.