Question to WD Mods regarding Firmware Version 2.08.13

So, Tony… that definition of “hack” seems like it could equally apply to bug-ladden firmware releases that “achieve a result other than what the designers expected.”  :wink:

I still say that the whole alpha/beta/regression testing process with this device is faulty. It is clear that the correct mix of beta testers has not been chosen time and again, otherwise problems would be resolved and not reappear, nor would previously working functions become non-working with a new release. I think WD needs to round up beta testers who have the time and motivation to \ *fully* exercise the device and firmware, that truly care about the resulting product, and who are not afraid to report issues they find. But then WD development needs to *listen* to their feedback…

“Back in the day” when I was writing software, we had a few people who could break anything they touched. They were “good as gold” and they were an integral part of our testing process.

It is unfortunate that WD has made a device that allows, even encourages, themers the flexibility to create truly unique user experiences, yet seems to be doing its best to frustrate them and their creativity at every turn and with every firmware release. Eventually these creative people will move on to something else less frustrating. At the end of the day, the market will dictate and decide a “winner”. Companies ignore user feedback at their own peril.

“Not Richard”

P.S. Not trying to call anyone names or be a rabble-rouser here, just observations from a mostly detached observer/user who keeps updating to the latest firmware, making do with its often new limitation, using the default theme, and hoping for a time when I can really take advantage of the other themes created by much more creative people than I am. :smiley:

1 Like