New Release - Firmware Version 3.09.18 for WD TV Live Hub (1/24/13)

Kazgor wrote:

using the PLAYTO feature of windows 7 where i you can play a media file on windows and have it show up on the TV (via the WDTV)

i now get the at the bottom of the screen a block box with a long white line in it… this is actually the box that shows the

------------------------------------------------------------------------- start/end time

this box remains on the screen… if you stop and trying play again (a few times) it eventually goes away… but will remain on the screen until you do something about it.

also once the program finishes you get this ugly message saying “This is sharing content from Windows”. this message wont go away unless you hit the STOP button on the remote. before it would return back the WDTV screen it was on prior to media being played.

this never happened on the 3.06 firmware.

also tried reverting back to the Default theme and the issue is still there… worse if you pause the video and then unpause the problem comes back.

Also it would appear when in this hiccup mode, the video plays, but the screensaver kicks-in at its specified time.

if i could get time  over the weekend i will most like just roll back to 3.06… there is nothing in 3.09 that is worthy of upgrading… and i wish i hadn’t… live and learn…