New Release - Firmware Version 3.09.18 for WD TV Live Hub (1/24/13)

@DAX676

‘I applied the new firmware last night and then promptly regretted doing so.  After the download and reboot, I would see the initial WD splash screen for a few seconds and then it would go black and the display were never come back.  After multiple reboots (each time waiting 15+ minutes) and doing a reset back to factory defaults with the button on the bottom of the unit, it still behaved the same.  It wasn’t until I found and hooked up an old component cable that I was able to see the Menu again.  The HDMI output stopped working.  I then tried manually setting several different HDMI resolutions, but I could never get it to work.  I eventually did a firmware rollback which fixed my issue.’

This is the first time I’ve encountered such a serious functional issue with any of the firmware updates.

I had exactly the same problem. I have had no previous problems with any other the firmwares yet this one caused this problem.

Also the myTV feature does not seem to work in the UK? Why is it shown to be avaliable on the United Kingdom services if this is the case?