New Release - Firmware Version 3.09.18 for WD TV Live Hub (1/24/13)

You need to clear your media library and rebuild… its probably not a firmware thing… its been happening to me pretty often over the last 6 months… I’ve had to clear it many times… you dont lose anything. I’ve even had video missing…  and the clear/rebuild fixed that too.

How do you clear/rebuild library? Is it in Options?

I think its under setup/system// media library… something like that.

I upgraded to 3.09.18, which seemed to go fine; but now I don’t have any audio at all. I’ve restarted and reset the device and checked the settings; but still no sound. Any assistance would be appreciated.

If its HDMI you may be looking at what appears to be a change to HDMI that was made on this release… in which case you will need to rollback.

Sorry to repeat myself, but is _anyone _else experiencing network speed degradation?

I’ve tested other drives on my network, wired and wireless, and can confirm the problem is only with the Hub after the latest firmware. I’m getting copy speeds starting at between 4-5MB/s but then dropping within the first 20 seconds to then vary between 255KB/s to 1.31MB/s for the remainder of the file.

It’s really starting to [Deleted]

No one else has noticed anything similar?

:mansad:

have copied a bunch of 2+ gb and a few 800 mb +/- files.

havenot seen any difference in copy speeds.

possibly its still rescanning everything on the local drive and its write speed related?

Rollback to confirm… you havent confirmed a thing until you rollback and test back to back.

I am having the same issue. .flv videos are not playing in this fw.

@DAX676

‘I applied the new firmware last night and then promptly regretted doing so.  After the download and reboot, I would see the initial WD splash screen for a few seconds and then it would go black and the display were never come back.  After multiple reboots (each time waiting 15+ minutes) and doing a reset back to factory defaults with the button on the bottom of the unit, it still behaved the same.  It wasn’t until I found and hooked up an old component cable that I was able to see the Menu again.  The HDMI output stopped working.  I then tried manually setting several different HDMI resolutions, but I could never get it to work.  I eventually did a firmware rollback which fixed my issue.’

This is the first time I’ve encountered such a serious functional issue with any of the firmware updates.

I had exactly the same problem. I have had no previous problems with any other the firmwares yet this one caused this problem.

Also the myTV feature does not seem to work in the UK? Why is it shown to be avaliable on the United Kingdom services if this is the case?

Kazgor wrote:

using the PLAYTO feature of windows 7 where i you can play a media file on windows and have it show up on the TV (via the WDTV)

i now get the at the bottom of the screen a block box with a long white line in it… this is actually the box that shows the

------------------------------------------------------------------------- start/end time

this box remains on the screen… if you stop and trying play again (a few times) it eventually goes away… but will remain on the screen until you do something about it.

also once the program finishes you get this ugly message saying “This is sharing content from Windows”. this message wont go away unless you hit the STOP button on the remote. before it would return back the WDTV screen it was on prior to media being played.

this never happened on the 3.06 firmware.

also tried reverting back to the Default theme and the issue is still there… worse if you pause the video and then unpause the problem comes back.

Also it would appear when in this hiccup mode, the video plays, but the screensaver kicks-in at its specified time.

if i could get time  over the weekend i will most like just roll back to 3.06… there is nothing in 3.09 that is worthy of upgrading… and i wish i hadn’t… live and learn… 

Are custom backdrops for tv shows back in this update or is it still like the last update? Couldn’t stand the new way they handled backdrops for TV series in the last one. I like having a single screenshot of the episode in the background and not constantly scrolling fanarts. Am I able to do this and still have them named properly as SXXEXX.ext again?

Any change to offer support for Netflix LA ??

Woa !

How long has Audio Lip Sync / Adjust Subtitles and all the other options been there when viewing  film and selecting the options button. I must have missed that bit.

Since day 1… :wink:

avi and m4v files that played without a hitch now will either not play of stutter.

adrian321 wrote:

Make that 3.  Same thing: screen goes off every few min then come back on my 50in LCD after this update on hdmi.

hsilva wrote:

The screen on my 42" 1080i Philips plasma TV flashes after upgrading my WD TV Live Hub to firmware version 3.09.18. I was unable to resolve the issue by specifying a compatible HDMI setting, rather than HMDI (Auto), or even resetting my WD TV Live Hub. Rollback to most recent firmware available under KBA # 5860, version 3.07.14, made the screen stop flashing. Hoping that the online upgrade to 3.09.18 might have simply become corrupted, I tried reapplying the upgrade via USB, but the screen flashing returned as soon as the upgrade began, just as during the original online upgrade. For some reason, firmware version 3.08.14, which I had been running most recently, was not available for rollback under KBA # 5860.

I have the same exact pronblem… hdmi flashing on Phillips plasma display…  Have not rolled back yet… will do it tomorrow… bummer.  Update: Why is there no rollback to 3.08.14?  

Make that 4. The weird thing is it may be only older HDMI TVs, I tried on the 2 newer TVs and everything works, same HDMI cables.

Older Philips Plasma 42" 1080i ambilight thing = not working :frowning:

newer Philips LCD 1080P 240hz = works perfect

Sony Google TV = works perfect

I’m hoping this problem gets fixed since the TV the hub always sits at is the Plasma.

I finally update my Main WD TV Live Hub, because I was getting tired of the Nag Message. Now, I no longer see my NAS Device on my network! Anyone else have this problem or have a fix for it?

Thanks

playerone wrote:

avi and m4v files that played without a hitch now will either not play of stutter.

I had a similar issue - a lot of them just bombed out at random points in the video and then refused to skip forward when played again. The message given was “The video does not support tricking” or something odd.

After a few reboots and full library rebuild, it seems to be okay again except for a bunch of duplicate folders all over the place.

I ran the firmware update today.  As someone earlier mentioned, at the end of the update installation I lost video and just had a black screen.  Unplugging and grounding both ends of the HDMI cable and then re-attaching the cable seemed to fix the video problem.  I haven’t had a chance to check functionality of the new firmware yet.