New Release - Firmware Version 3.03.13 for WD TV Live Hub (2/29/12)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

If you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting exchange.

Feel free to post your questions or experiences in this thread.

1 Like

Please hold off on going to the “What’s in this Update?” on the Live Hub.  It may cause issues with your device.  We are presently looking into it.  Thanks.

[edit 3/2/12]

There shouldn’t be any issue with doing the update.  I’m checking to see if the other has been fixed yet.

Now you tell me. did it and my hub restarted but was able to update after that with no problems.

The firmware update page states, “Blockbuster video download service will no longer be supported on the WD TV as of 3/31/2012. You will still be able to watch your purchased videos.” Is this referring to Blockbuster on Demand or is it something else? I’m curious because that’s probably the way we rent the majority of our movies. If anyone can elaborate that would be great. Thanks.

Yes, this is referring to Blockbuster on Demand.  You should’ve recieved an email that stated the following:

"We have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that, as of 3/31/12, the Blockbuster app will no longer be available on your Western Digital Player. We are updating our technology platform and will not be able to continue supporting your device.

The good news is that you can still stream your movies on your PC or MAC and other supported devices.

We offer many other ways to watch the movies you’ve already rented or purchased:

Purchases: Your purchased movies will still be in your Blockbuster On Demand Library. You can watch them on any of our other devices, or stream them via PC or Mac. See a list of supported devices.

Rentals: Please watch your rentals by 11:59 PM ET on 3/29/12. If you don’t watch by then, you can watch on another supported device or stream via your PC or Mac. See a list of supported devices.

We are hard at work improving our service and plan to add new features and devices throughout the year. Thank you for being a Blockbuster customer and we apologize for any inconvenience this transition may cause.

Your friends at Blockbuster"

Worked fine here.

Thumbnail fix and maybe the media library will help me.

Shame streaming Baseball seems to be a higher priority that Theming. :frowning:

Update completed via Internet in 10mins -  5min download, 5min install

Everything still appears to be working, music plays, photo’s show, movies are watchable.

Bit disappointed BBC iPlayer wasn’t included in this release, as it has with the LSM.

And that Twonky Server still hasn’t been upgraded.

However upgrade is clean, and worry-free … good times :slight_smile:

Thanks for the prompt reply, I found a whole thread dedicated to this shortly after posting.

I must say, this really stinks!!! That is probably the main function of my device right now. I much prefer the Blockbuster On Demand service that lets you download the whole movie to the streaming services. Our local high speed internet provider can’t seem to offer a stable connection. Anyway, can anyone recommend an alternative that offers recent movies and lets you download the whole movie before playing? The streaming and buffering option just doesn’t work at my house.

I’ll upgrade tonight, and test thumbnails. As this is a key issue for some.

updated!
Now we’re talking… thumbnails look a lot better
Local movie sheets are now working without internet connection

It could be me cleaning up the HDD but it seems backdrops load faster in Gallyery mode.

It will still limit a couple of themes due to the thumbnail cropping, however the basics are working in appropriate quality again and I am satisfied. Good Job

Try CinemaNow, prices are cheaper…I have several movies downloaded with them…

1 Like

Still no support for TRUE pngs and there is still a cropping issue for thumbnails.

After upgrade my WD TV Live Hub each time i run video after 30 or 40 minutes the WD TV shut down and restart

Help me ?  

Tinwarble wrote:

Still no support for TRUE pngs and there is still a cropping issue for thumbnails.

Tony, make sure you throw that complaint over on the new firmware thread where it will be seen.  Nevermind.  Guys don’t change the subject line, please.

1200Mart wrote:

After upgrade my WD TV Live Hub each time i run video after 30 or 40 minutes the WD TV shut down and restart

Help me ?  

Did you do a factory reset on the Hub?

Bill_S wrote:

Tinwarble wrote:

Tony, make sure you throw that complaint over on the new firmware thread where it will be seen.  Nevermind.  Guys don’t change the subject line, please.

Bill_S

I don’t know what happened there, I didn’t change the subject line.  You got me there as to what happened because I didn’t even type anything in the subject line. 

Must be ghosts.:dizzy_face:

Nevermind, I see what happened, the poster I replied to had a different subject line.  Fixed mine!!!

Yeah, I knew it wasn’t you.  Sorry, should’ve been more specific.

Updated direct from net w/o problem. Since the updates occur more and more sparsely, it seems that the technology  of WDTV is reaching its limit.

Thank you Western Digital I am happy to report that my stereo files play as stereo now instead of 7 channel pcm!!  worth the update right there!

Thank goodnness they fixed thumbnail scaling issue and the issue that wouldn’t replace thumbnails on rescan.