New Release - Firmware Version 3.03.13 for WD TV Live Hub (2/29/12)

Updated direct from net w/o problem. Since the updates occur more and more sparsely, it seems that the technology  of WDTV is reaching its limit.

Thank you Western Digital I am happy to report that my stereo files play as stereo now instead of 7 channel pcm!!  worth the update right there!

Thank goodnness they fixed thumbnail scaling issue and the issue that wouldn’t replace thumbnails on rescan.

I noticed that after I upgraded to this latest firmware, all of the U.S. only services disappeared for my Services list which is good for me since I’m not in the U.S. so I can’t really use it and it helps declutter my Services list.

To be specific, I have 27 Services on the previous firmware but now 6 which are all U.S. only services are removed  (Netflix, Blockbuster, Hulu, CinemaNow, Vudu and Pandora), 1 is added (MLB) and the newly supported Skitter which is also a U.S. only service is not added so I have a total of 22 Services in this firmware.

Does anyone else not from the U.S. experienced this? 

Same issue…

Since i upgrade to the new firmware, i can’t load any of my video.

i did the manufactory reset, and same issue.

Hi,

I have serious problems after installing the new firmware on my WD TL LIVE Media Player (auto update via internet). The device starts up, displays the initial menu and crashes / shuts down a few seconds later. The device is connected to my Samsung LCD via HDMI.

It worked well before the update - is there a way to roll-back the update ?

Best regards 

Josef

Took the plunge and all is well. Vids playing fine etc. Good luck to everyone else diving into the pool.

@joesef-apple-fan, link below

Rollback information

-P

whoa, this is quite unbelievable. 

Just how many firmware will WD take to resolve the grainy, cropping thumbnails and png issues?

I mean really? It has been far too long. Too long. Sigh.

Still unable to enable the Twonky server via the web interface…

After going to the WebIF, select Media, Click to enable Twonky, Click Submit (or Launch Twonky).

Either way, it just opens a new window with the main WD Interface and does NOT keep the selection to enable the Twonky server.

Problems with Internet Radio. Do not play RMF Classic and others in the group. The firmware 3.0.28 a problem does not exist.

Hello. This question is for Bill regarding post #2 of this tread. Should we hold of doing a FW update or is it safe now? Could you clarify that statement. I will not update until I’m sure it is ok to do so.

I have an American Hub which I have been using with Netflix in Denmark (via us-unblock). However, since updating to the latest firmware yesterday Netflix and possibly the other “only in the US” apps is/are gone.

How do I get it/them back? Could it be as simple as changing the time zone of the Hub or how does it determine where in the world I am?

@TheCoolDude

There is nothing wrong with the update.

What he means is they now have an option to see a “Whats been updated” tab on the update screen.

Just don’t click it and just get the update as normal.

twig123 wrote:

After going to the WebIF, select Media, Click to enable Twonky, Click Submit (or Launch Twonky).

Either way, it just opens a new window with the main WD Interface and does NOT keep the selection to enable the Twonky server.

I believe you need to ENABLE it via the Hub’s On-Screen UI, not the Web Interface.  Give that a try.

Bummer.  Upgraded and they still haven’t fixed the movie thumbnail not showing up issue.   An issue I posted here: http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Movie-cover-art-thumbnail-not-displaying-v3-00-28/idi-p/302292

I cleared out my media library cache, set Get Content Info to auto and the thumbnails STILL don’t show up!

TonyPh12345 wrote:

twig123 wrote:

I believe you need to ENABLE it via the Hub’s On-Screen UI, not the Web Interface.  Give that a try.

DLNA Media Server and iTunes Server are both Enabled in the WD UI on the box…

I’m not the only one with this issue either, see here:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/Twonky-just-will-not-stay-enable-on-WDTV-Live-Hub/td-p/329055

Does it fix the SAOD (Spinning Arrow of Death) ?

tomaszjakubczak wrote:

Problems with Internet Radio. Do not play RMF Classic and others in the group. The firmware 3.0.28 a problem does not exist.

I can confirm that problem on TuneIn (which I am assuming is what you mean by internet radio) That specific station is giving me the error message “Unable to play the selected file. Please see the User Manual for a list of supported file formats”. I am not having issues with my other pre-sets though.

-P

The update went well, and it didn’t break anything that I’ve noticed.

But it didn’t fix the corrupted RSS FEED problem from this issue that started with the previous firmware:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/RSS-FEED-listing-quot-catalog-quot-becomes-corrupted-and/idi-p/313406

That problem wasn’t listed in the release notes, but I had hopes. Shucks.

Yes it is ok now …thx