Community Manager
Bill_S

New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

You may post your questions or experiences in this thread.  However, if you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting exchange.

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Honored Contributor
firetix

Re: New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

looks good.

will try this later

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please vote for Custom Moviesheets Support!
Firetix WideSheet Theme v2
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trusted Contributor
beatmaster

.mkv’s with 5.1PCM are still breaking the WDTV.

spinning arrow, no other file playable, needs reseting to get it working again.

Add ustream to WDTV and TWiT.tv App

There's no png/jpg fix, so themers, do not update if you want community theme functionality

Advisor
htfancub

Just updated hoping for the .ts fix - will check that in a second.

Now all of a sudden, all of the custom art that I did for my network share folders (the folder.jpg image for the Action/Adventure folder, etc.) is not being displayed in favor of the latest item added for content (e.g. the content image of the m2ts of Gladiator now shows as the folder image).  This happens only at that top level.  Once I go into the Action/Adventure folder all is correct with correct images for subfolders and content (e.g. there are actual movies in there plus folders for Batman with its own folder.jpg that displays correctly).

I looked for a setting or something but to no avail.

Is this going to be another fix a problem make another release?

Honored Contributor
wdtvhub

I stayed away from Firmware updates due to issues. So I thought I would try this as I have always wanted to have all videos in one set. So I have come away from Themes and 2.4.013.

When I try and add a Network share USB hd connected to my PC, it says it can't because its read only ? But when I look at its attributes its set for sharing ?

Trusted Contributor
Ayhan_Dursun

Hi

The Hub needs write access to the share. 

You can share drives and folders without write access.

Ayhan

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WDTV-PLAY / WDTV-Live / WDTV-Live SMP / WDTV-Live Hub / Synology DS1812+
Honored Contributor
wdtvhub

[ Edited ]

Ah yeah got it. It was under another setting on Windows. Thanks.

edit - Mmmm but even though its added to My media Library. The drive is not there...

Honored Contributor
firetix

[ Edited ]

I like the new services especially, flixster. It has an awesome interface.

Any chance of having the same interface/view for the livehub videos ? Xd

Yota music interface's language is in russian or whatever language, it  is hard to use that service. 

Concerning, media library for network shares. We can now select individual folders to be added to the media library. That's good!

Note : There still no fix for the png/jpg thumbnail issues.

Please fix that !

--------------------------------------------

I love flixster. Nice addition WD. But it would be better to have a service which provide hd trailers in future...

love that interface :smileyvery-happy:

Please vote for Custom Moviesheets Support!
Firetix WideSheet Theme v2
Honored Contributor
wdtvhub

From Firmware update page...

Note: Media library functionality of the NAS will be only available when using the "My Media Library" as the content source. When the source is a Network share the Media library functionality on the NAS will not be available.

So I can select a Network Share USB Drive and add it to "My Media Library", but when I use "My Media Library"... I can't see it. Am I being stupid here, or is this stupid :smileysurprised:

Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2014 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD