New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

Installed Update - Cannot find my movies - nowhere to be seen - trying to roll back to see if files are just hidden by this update.

Found a bug with the new firmware. My video setting is on Component, but whenever I reboot the hub, or even put it on standby, the video setting reverts to HDMI. This is is very annoying since my TV obviously doesn’t recognize HDMI and needs Component. Looks like I’m reverting to previous firmware.

Ok so I did the upgrade to 3.01.19 and after a full reset the only thing I have noticed is I lost audio using one of the radio players under Services. Turns out the audio was muted, as if *I* had pressed the mute button on the remote. I never saw the mute symbol appear on screen and I can repeat the problem. I have to return Home to unmute the audio which is when I do finally see the mute symbol.

I’m going to try and pinpoint the app that causes this and THEN i’ll report the issue…might be a few days with Christmas upon us…

So, I think I just read a post where someone lost or didn’t have audio…you may want to hit the mute button and see if it helps.

:cry: Would have liked to see MPAA ratings added to this firmware. Oh well, maybe next time…

I keep losing my Component settings like MZAU r.  Have to plug in a composite cable then re select component to get it back.  Happens from standy and when re-booted.  Only thing I can think of is I am using a switch box that is selected after the device starts, maybe it checks for a signal on component now first??

This is exactly the same I think, too. Idiocy brought to perfection… Still newer and newer services - but most of them not accessible outside the U.S. - and what a moronic idea (for example) to store backdrops to discs with no choice whether I want to… and many and many issues still unfixed… What about to fix cover art in video media library rather! What about to enable playback of lossless audio formats stored as tracks+.cue or image+.cue? Developers of WD TV Live Hub firmware had to be crazy since a FW v3.XX was released, I am sure. Why you do not do what you should, why you are doing only what nobody wants from you, and - with such glory?! What about to replace the staff, boys? The customer is the first!

1 Like

Milkieboy,

Mine is plugged in just component. Your switch box has nothing to do with it. My setup hasn’t changed since updating the firmware. This is clearly a bug with the new firmware. 

Please upvote this issue

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Video-setting-keeps-reverting-to-HDMI-won-t-stay-on-Component/idi-p/316831

Rolled back to 2.08, TS’s play, but Mkv’s and ISO’s won’t play. The ISO’s reset the hub.

cwh

chris060 wrote:

Rolled back to 2.08, TS’s play, but Mkv’s and ISO’s won’t play. The ISO’s reset the hub.

cwh

Reset the hub by pressing the bottom paperclip button for a couple of seconds and then release with the hub fully booted up.

Thanks richUK, I should have been more clear in my statement.

Playing the ISO’s using software version 3.0.1 causes the Hub to reset/restart itself without human intervention.

Going back to 2.08 software, the ISO’s play just fine.

cwh

chris060 wrote:

Thanks richUK, I should have been more clear in my statement.

Playing the ISO’s using software version 3.0.1 causes the Hub to reset/restart itself without human intervention.

Going back to 2.08 software, the ISO’s play just fine.

cwh

I understand. I was suggesting that you use the reset button on the hub with the newer firmware to determine if that cures your problems.  However if you are happy with the rollback then I would stay there.

wdtvhub wrote:

And what QC process did this go through, the Russian music app speaks volumes !!

The russian app was only supposed to be available in Russia.

drizzt09 wrote:

yes you are correct all folders in Windows[not just 7] are default to READ ONLY. However when you SHARE them wihin Windows you need to set permissions[write access]for the user you are sharing with[the user profile you log in using the hub].

Not if you use an anon account, and there is no way in heck I’d give it write access.

Then don’t use ANON. I would never use ANON. Make your own 2nd windows profile with user/pass and give write acces. Log into that using hub instead of ANON.

I see absolutely NO POINT in WD insisting to add “new features” if NEW (and old) BUGS just continue to appear like no tomorrow!

STOP adding useless “features” !

FIX ALL THE BUGS ONCE AND FOR ALL !

Everyone wants that, not only me.  Is so much to ask?

Besides, the link:

http://download.wdc.com/wdtv/Rollback_wdtvlivehub_3_0_28.zip

Is still unfixed !

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center-or-wd-tv-live

Ok am really disappointed with the new firware releases you guyz are coming up with… but its an’t solving my problems…at all

First of all you guyz added new services to the latest firware release…  but when i try to play some videos from those services…  my WD crashes and restarts …

I cannot start twonky server from my web login…  it will get me back to the same page…?i was able to do that on my very first firmware… version…( 2.x )

Also everytime i try to play… music from my phone using dlna…( using the WD Library itself )  it streams 2 tracks and then it looses connectivity…?  so everytime this happens i have to reset my wd and restart it again to make it work. 

it really dosnt solve the purpose of streaming music from the device itself … 

please help me out with this… 

Ok, tried this firmware: Still doesn’t show subtitles in mkv’s in any impressive way (ie, every 5-6 seconds a subtitle briefly flashes past - ie on screen in less than a second).

I just upgraded yesterday to the latest firmware 3.01.19 (release 20-12-11).
I upgraded the Live Hub from FW 3.00 to 3.01 via WIFI again (approx 3th time since 2.07.17) without any problem.

I must say that everything works pretty good. As far as I can determine that in a day. I will test it a little bit better the upcoming days.

• various mkv files (mostly 720p) play fluently and without interruptions

• various mp4 files (mostly 720p) play fluently and without interruptions

• i haven’t had any lipsync  problems (with mkv, avi with audio included).

• i haven’t had any subtitle  problems (with mkv, avi with subtitle included in mkv but also separate .srt files).

• i have tested a few existing Internet services and also new ones and haven’t had any resets so far. I must say that this happend a few times in previous firmwares. But I haven’t tested all services yet. (what i’ve tested so far: TuneIn Radio, Facebook, games o.a.).

• audio from .mp3 music or Internet services such as TuneIn Radio work perfectly together with photo screensaver (since 3.00 fw this is ok).

• connection with my wireless (WIFI) internet is fine. I use a USB stick which is approved by WD to use with the Live Hub and works fine since 2.07 version and earlier.

If i found anything that is not working ok i will let you know.

I’m curious if the movie thumbnail movie.jpg is fixed/shown when I add a movie now (I have set the automatic metadata ‘get data’ for all files). This did not happen in FW version 3.00. Although my movies have name such as ‘Avatar (2009).mkv’ Only the movie description and background images of the movies were shown.

So I am knocking on wood, crossing my fingers etc as I write this, but I am very pleased so far with this upgrade. Haven’t encountered any issues whatsoever.

I  am using MOJO and have been using hubgen to build my JPEGs and XML files manualy. I do not have the Hub getting content info. Everything seems to work well, viewing my movies, folders JPEGs work fine except for some lag time that I list below. I like the “My Media Library” which seems to work well as an aggragator for content. All around, pretty impressed with this FW version.

Lag in Showing JPEGS for Folders or Movies

The only noticeable isue I have been seeing is a lag time in displaying JPEGS for folders and for movies. Sometimes when I go to a directory of movies the JPEGS show immedialy, other times there is a lag of a few seconds. This also seem to occur when I go into a directory that has more vid than fit on the screen so I need to pan to the right to see more vids. It can take a few seconds to populate the JPEGs and during that time it just shows me the typical “Movie Reel” icon, and then one by one they change to the JPEGS of the movies. Not sure why this is but relatively minor compared to some of the issues others are writing about in this thread.

BTW: The new rescan folder option which I never would have seen had I not read this thread is amazing. In the past after adding a few movies and their respective XML and JPEGs I reboot the entire machine to have them added to the media library. This is a great feature.

Good luck to all

-P