New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

Ok I have a question. When you add a network shared folder to the media library how do you remove it from the media library?

NYTEMAYR wrote:
Ok I have a question. When you add a network shared folder to the media library how do you remove it from the media library?

The same place you added it.  The Media Library Manager.

Well this firmware has lost the plot.

No sound on any videos at all after starting up today. DTS/ac3/aac…

Darn it.

Edit - I also noticed that the Video items was at 0. Did a reset through the Menu and it has found my videos again, and the sound is fixed. Hope this was a one off but I doubt it… :frowning:

Oh dear,

DI Radio is dead (mainly what I use it for) still no BBC Iplayer, 4OD ITVPLAYER.

Seriously though, if you’re in the UK don’t bother with this Update, it seems pointless, only things that used to work now don’t and nothing useful.

American based product, get a Revo and attach it to your TV instead.

…Depressed

OK,

Updated to new firmware, no issues whatsoever, actually it went smoothly - connected to a Philips LCD via HDMI and all seems to work fine, although hardly touched any of its capabilities - its just a media streamer from my iMac to the TV and HD content plays great.

Few points, has this firmware fixed MP4 playback as files previously did not play in Mac format?

STILL NO iPLAYER - THIS IS A BIG MINUS IN THE UK.

Apart from that, quite happy with setup and wifi capability using a netgear USB stick.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE INCLUDE iPLAYER!!!

Iplayer… 4od… ITVplayer…  and broken DI.FM.  I Know…

Installed Update - Cannot find my movies - nowhere to be seen - trying to roll back to see if files are just hidden by this update.

Found a bug with the new firmware. My video setting is on Component, but whenever I reboot the hub, or even put it on standby, the video setting reverts to HDMI. This is is very annoying since my TV obviously doesn’t recognize HDMI and needs Component. Looks like I’m reverting to previous firmware.

Ok so I did the upgrade to 3.01.19 and after a full reset the only thing I have noticed is I lost audio using one of the radio players under Services. Turns out the audio was muted, as if *I* had pressed the mute button on the remote. I never saw the mute symbol appear on screen and I can repeat the problem. I have to return Home to unmute the audio which is when I do finally see the mute symbol.

I’m going to try and pinpoint the app that causes this and THEN i’ll report the issue…might be a few days with Christmas upon us…

So, I think I just read a post where someone lost or didn’t have audio…you may want to hit the mute button and see if it helps.

:cry: Would have liked to see MPAA ratings added to this firmware. Oh well, maybe next time…

I keep losing my Component settings like MZAU r.  Have to plug in a composite cable then re select component to get it back.  Happens from standy and when re-booted.  Only thing I can think of is I am using a switch box that is selected after the device starts, maybe it checks for a signal on component now first??

This is exactly the same I think, too. Idiocy brought to perfection… Still newer and newer services - but most of them not accessible outside the U.S. - and what a moronic idea (for example) to store backdrops to discs with no choice whether I want to… and many and many issues still unfixed… What about to fix cover art in video media library rather! What about to enable playback of lossless audio formats stored as tracks+.cue or image+.cue? Developers of WD TV Live Hub firmware had to be crazy since a FW v3.XX was released, I am sure. Why you do not do what you should, why you are doing only what nobody wants from you, and - with such glory?! What about to replace the staff, boys? The customer is the first!

1 Like

Milkieboy,

Mine is plugged in just component. Your switch box has nothing to do with it. My setup hasn’t changed since updating the firmware. This is clearly a bug with the new firmware. 

Please upvote this issue

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Issue-Reporting/Video-setting-keeps-reverting-to-HDMI-won-t-stay-on-Component/idi-p/316831

Rolled back to 2.08, TS’s play, but Mkv’s and ISO’s won’t play. The ISO’s reset the hub.

cwh

chris060 wrote:

Rolled back to 2.08, TS’s play, but Mkv’s and ISO’s won’t play. The ISO’s reset the hub.

cwh

Reset the hub by pressing the bottom paperclip button for a couple of seconds and then release with the hub fully booted up.

Thanks richUK, I should have been more clear in my statement.

Playing the ISO’s using software version 3.0.1 causes the Hub to reset/restart itself without human intervention.

Going back to 2.08 software, the ISO’s play just fine.

cwh

chris060 wrote:

Thanks richUK, I should have been more clear in my statement.

Playing the ISO’s using software version 3.0.1 causes the Hub to reset/restart itself without human intervention.

Going back to 2.08 software, the ISO’s play just fine.

cwh

I understand. I was suggesting that you use the reset button on the hub with the newer firmware to determine if that cures your problems.  However if you are happy with the rollback then I would stay there.

wdtvhub wrote:

And what QC process did this go through, the Russian music app speaks volumes !!

The russian app was only supposed to be available in Russia.

drizzt09 wrote:

yes you are correct all folders in Windows[not just 7] are default to READ ONLY. However when you SHARE them wihin Windows you need to set permissions[write access]for the user you are sharing with[the user profile you log in using the hub].

Not if you use an anon account, and there is no way in heck I’d give it write access.

Then don’t use ANON. I would never use ANON. Make your own 2nd windows profile with user/pass and give write acces. Log into that using hub instead of ANON.