New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

Just updated hoping for the .ts fix - will check that in a second.

Now all of a sudden, all of the custom art that I did for my network share folders (the folder.jpg image for the Action/Adventure folder, etc.) is not being displayed in favor of the latest item added for content (e.g. the content image of the m2ts of Gladiator now shows as the folder image).  This happens only at that top level.  Once I go into the Action/Adventure folder all is correct with correct images for subfolders and content (e.g. there are actual movies in there plus folders for Batman with its own folder.jpg that displays correctly).

I looked for a setting or something but to no avail.

Is this going to be another fix a problem make another release?

1 Like

I stayed away from Firmware updates due to issues. So I thought I would try this as I have always wanted to have all videos in one set. So I have come away from Themes and 2.4.013.

When I try and add a Network share USB hd connected to my PC, it says it can’t because its read only ? But when I look at its attributes its set for sharing ?

1 Like

Hi

The Hub needs write access to the share. 

You can share drives and folders without write access.

Ayhan

1 Like

Ah yeah got it. It was under another setting on Windows. Thanks.

edit - Mmmm but even though its added to My media Library. The drive is not there…

1 Like

I like the new services especially, flixster. It has an awesome interface.

Any chance of having the same interface/view for the livehub videos ? Xd

Yota music interface’s language is in russian or whatever language, it  is hard to use that service. 

Concerning, media library for network shares. We can now select individual folders to be added to the media library. That’s good!

Note : There still no fix for the png/jpg thumbnail issues.

Please fix that !

I love flixster. Nice addition WD. But it would be better to have a service which provide hd trailers in future…

love that interface :smiley:

1 Like

From Firmware update page…

Note: Media library functionality of the NAS will be only available when using the “My Media Library” as the content source. When the source is a Network share the Media library functionality on the NAS will not be available.

So I can select a Network Share USB Drive and add it to “My Media Library”, but when I use “My Media Library”… I can’t see it. Am I being stupid here, or is this stupid :dizzy_face:

Selected “What’s in this update?” before installing… Now it’s just sitting there with the orange arrow spinning around and around and around… 5 full minutes now… 

This really doesn’t bode well, in the least folks…  

Just upgraded from 2.08. Everything works fine so far. 

Ok - just updating now direct from Internet … 

So 6mins to update ( from start to end of restart )

Movies play fine ( avi, mkv, mp4 )

Music and Photos all fine.

Unit feels more responsive to remote

Loads more services

All good :slight_smile:

Twonky Server still at 5.1.9 though :frowning:

Doing the update now…but would like to inquire, when will Amazon Prime Instant Video be available through one of these updates?  For me as an Amazon Prime member, this is the ONLY thing keeping my unit from being THE perfect media device hands down!  I’m just putting that out there.

Still no fix on the low quality thumbnails, for me it is time to stop endorsing this device.

Lots of new services and the basics are cirppled. That is high standard idiocy!

well here goes, hopefully nothing break this time 

It took three tries to get the media library to compile properly. Otherwise things seem to be working.

is there any one  know how we can share folder from osx  on live hub, on the last version it was pretty  simple .but in new version under network share >Windows share , not able to find my share folder on my laptop .

Haven’t installed update yet, but apparantely this version is meant to support the official WD Remote iPhone app…

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=570#tab20

Any comments?

I am having trouble with the “network share” media library feature.  I select the new feature and find my drive ok. When I select the folder that has the movies I get an error as follows:

UNABLE TO CREATE MEDIA LIBRARY, THE SELECTED SOURCE IS CONFIGURED AS READ-ONLY WHICH PREVENTS THE WD TV FROM SAVING THE MEDIA LIBRARY.

Just so you guys at WD know, A standard and unchangable feature of Win7 is that it marks ALL  folders as read only. It has something to do with the way you are able to customize folders in Win7.  From what I have read, there is no way in Win7 to change the status of a folder, only files may be changed. I never marked any folders read-only. That is just the way they are.

Until this is sorted out and the new software plays nice with Win7, this feature is unusable to me.

There’s a new issue with some files with AAC audio. The player send the receiver a multichannel audio trough HDMI instead of a 2 channel as it is recorded. I saw this happening when using a Denon AVR-791 receiver and Onkyo TX-SR806. This issue is saw with Live Hub and the new WDTV Live Streaming.

lgrose wrote:

Haven’t installed update yet, but apparantely this version is meant to support the official WD Remote iPhone app…

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=570#tab20

Any comments?

The iPhone app is pretty slick. Although I still prefer a push button remote over the touch screen of the phone, should I ever loose or break my remote, I have a backup. It appears to me that there is more functionality in the iPhone remote.

Overall I’m happy with the new firmware. Admittedly I’m not using the full capability of the Hub to store and play network files. Some day when I have all that time to burn BluRays! The Hub’s streaming services keep getting better, not perfect, but more content = happier user. But when are we going to see a screen saver work in Netflix? This would seem to be a no brainer.

Ok WD I know you have a lot of people to please, but…

From my own selfish point of view you are getting there, but you are kicking the backside out of it.

Considering you can now rescan a folder, batch get content info, great things and I like it.

But if the Hub is designed for sharing and displaying content, why am I stuck with an external hard drive that I cant share in My Media Folder, I can’t write content either as it says it’s “read only”.

As someome mentioned before the Flixter app looks nice, why can’t I get the same look with my own videos,  why do all my videos look so dire, the thumbnails are a crappy resolution and don;t even fit it the box.

I am also quite annoyed as the new firmware looks good as far as what is supposed to be working now, but you broke most of it to begin with.

Please for the love of god, make the thumbnails better, and fix sharing drives.

And what QC process did this go through, the Russian music app speaks volumes !!