New Release - Firmware Version 3.01.19 for WD TV Live Hub (12/20/11)

WD is happy to announce our latest firmware update for the WD TV Live Hub Media Player.

You may post your questions or experiences in this thread.  However, if you experience any issues with this firmware, please report them in the WD TV Live Hub Issue Reporting exchange.

1 Like

looks good.

will try this later

1 Like

.mkv’s with 5.1PCM are still breaking the WDTV.

spinning arrow, no other file playable, needs reseting to get it working again.

1 Like

There’s no png/jpg fix, so themers, do not update if you want community theme functionality

1 Like

Just updated hoping for the .ts fix - will check that in a second.

Now all of a sudden, all of the custom art that I did for my network share folders (the folder.jpg image for the Action/Adventure folder, etc.) is not being displayed in favor of the latest item added for content (e.g. the content image of the m2ts of Gladiator now shows as the folder image).  This happens only at that top level.  Once I go into the Action/Adventure folder all is correct with correct images for subfolders and content (e.g. there are actual movies in there plus folders for Batman with its own folder.jpg that displays correctly).

I looked for a setting or something but to no avail.

Is this going to be another fix a problem make another release?

1 Like

I stayed away from Firmware updates due to issues. So I thought I would try this as I have always wanted to have all videos in one set. So I have come away from Themes and 2.4.013.

When I try and add a Network share USB hd connected to my PC, it says it can’t because its read only ? But when I look at its attributes its set for sharing ?

1 Like

Hi

The Hub needs write access to the share. 

You can share drives and folders without write access.

Ayhan

1 Like

Ah yeah got it. It was under another setting on Windows. Thanks.

edit - Mmmm but even though its added to My media Library. The drive is not there…

1 Like

I like the new services especially, flixster. It has an awesome interface.

Any chance of having the same interface/view for the livehub videos ? Xd

Yota music interface’s language is in russian or whatever language, it  is hard to use that service. 

Concerning, media library for network shares. We can now select individual folders to be added to the media library. That’s good!

Note : There still no fix for the png/jpg thumbnail issues.

Please fix that !

I love flixster. Nice addition WD. But it would be better to have a service which provide hd trailers in future…

love that interface :smiley:

1 Like

From Firmware update page…

Note: Media library functionality of the NAS will be only available when using the “My Media Library” as the content source. When the source is a Network share the Media library functionality on the NAS will not be available.

So I can select a Network Share USB Drive and add it to “My Media Library”, but when I use “My Media Library”… I can’t see it. Am I being stupid here, or is this stupid :dizzy_face:

Selected “What’s in this update?” before installing… Now it’s just sitting there with the orange arrow spinning around and around and around… 5 full minutes now… 

This really doesn’t bode well, in the least folks…  

Just upgraded from 2.08. Everything works fine so far. 

Ok - just updating now direct from Internet … 

So 6mins to update ( from start to end of restart )

Movies play fine ( avi, mkv, mp4 )

Music and Photos all fine.

Unit feels more responsive to remote

Loads more services

All good :slight_smile:

Twonky Server still at 5.1.9 though :frowning:

Doing the update now…but would like to inquire, when will Amazon Prime Instant Video be available through one of these updates?  For me as an Amazon Prime member, this is the ONLY thing keeping my unit from being THE perfect media device hands down!  I’m just putting that out there.

Still no fix on the low quality thumbnails, for me it is time to stop endorsing this device.

Lots of new services and the basics are cirppled. That is high standard idiocy!

well here goes, hopefully nothing break this time 

It took three tries to get the media library to compile properly. Otherwise things seem to be working.

is there any one  know how we can share folder from osx  on live hub, on the last version it was pretty  simple .but in new version under network share >Windows share , not able to find my share folder on my laptop .

Haven’t installed update yet, but apparantely this version is meant to support the official WD Remote iPhone app…

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=570#tab20

Any comments?