New Release - Firmware Version 2.08.13 for WD TV Live Hub (10/6/11)

Ok I allready solved it. Sorry to bother you.

It is beyond me that this version hasn’t been pulled yet.

Not sure what kind of knuckleheads are leading this project.

DeVicious wrote:

It is beyond me that this version hasn’t been pulled yet.

Not sure what kind of knuckleheads are leading this project.

More like knuckledraggers.:angry:

How do you turn off automatic updates?  I just picked up a Live Hub today, but it has not yet been online.

54321 wrote:

How do you turn off automatic updates?  I just picked up a Live Hub today, but it has not yet been online.

There are no ‘automatic’ updates. If you are online the hub will tell you that there is new firmware but its up to you if you accept it. If you go to Setup, System, Auto Detect New Firmware you are able to turn off the notification.

Hi everyone

The same thing happned to me after the October 2011 Firmware upgrade. All current thumbnail art remains in tact but when you try and download the info for a newly added movie, there seems to be a problem. The required jpeg and xml files are downloaded by the device (you can see the files when browsing the file structure) but the movie “thumb” is not displayed. There is no problem with the background art.

Can someone at WD fix this please, I love having a library that contains NO generic thumbs.

Thanks

A further discovery to this problem.

The thumbs for the movies display OK  when browsing movie titles in all views EXCEPT for GALLERY VIEW.

There seems to be a problem in Gallery View

Setup → Video Settings → Browser Display → Gallery View (new movie thumbs do not display after Oct 2011 Firmware upgrade)

Would you guys recommend updating WD tv live hub to the latest firmware? Because I don’t want to brick my expensive system. Thanks.

What else I found out:

If you get Info on your new movie and download the movie art backgrounds and thumbs as usual, the device downloads the information BUT does not show the Movie Thumbnail.

I found that if I turn off the WDTV Hub and when turning it on with the red button on the remote, I hold down the red button and the devices takes a little longer to start up. After startingup in this mode, all my Movie Thumbs ARE DISPLAYED.

This is a workaround but I get to see my movie thumbnails in GALLERY VIEW.

A fix is still required in the firmware, WD it is in your court now!

1 Like

jospehagius wrote:

What else I found out:

If you get Info on your new movie and download the movie art backgrounds and thumbs as usual, the device downloads the information BUT does not show the Movie Thumbnail.

I found that if I turn off the WDTV Hub and when turning it on with the red button on the remote, I hold down the red button and the devices takes a little longer to start up. After startingup in this mode, all my Movie Thumbs ARE DISPLAYED.

This is a workaround but I get to see my movie thumbnails in GALLERY VIEW.

A fix is still required in the firmware, WD it is in your court now!

Did you notice that the thumbs are displayed with low resolution ? Anyone? This is new!!

Yep, they change the way the thumbs are cached.

If that is the case what can the end user do to have the same functionality as the previous firmware in terms of thumbnails

Rollback to the previous firmware.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/~/how-to-roll-back-the-firmware-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-media-center

Then turn off Auto Detect New Firmware.

Again an issue after upgrading my hub.I’m not surprised anymore and i’m considering about buying anoteher media center which is not problem creator. Anyway guys can anyone please help me out? i connect another hdd to my hub via usb and i can see the usb from “videos” but when i cant see the files inside of the hdd which i connected via usb. it says there is no media in the current folder. but i can see everything when i connect it via my pc or macbook. so anyone knows how can i solve this issue?

@ gokhanbilgi

did you rebuild the media library?

no i only tried restarting to recompile the files. but i didnt rebuild the media library.how am i gonna do that?

Recompiling is rebuilding the library. To be sure, go into the Options and delete the library info. This will force the Hub to rescan the library from scratch.

1 Like

after deleted the media library is there a possibility that can cause data loss?(like movies etc.) because i don’t have back up of the movies that are in the internal storage.

All your movies will be fine, you are just deleting the information it collects about where and what they are.

1 Like

hello can anyone help me with this problem ive sent 9 hours trying to sort it out :frowning: i got a WD live Hub 1Tb yesterday 26/10/11

connect to the TV updated to 2.8.13 no problem connected to Network via ethernet cable put about 6 films in movie folder

plus film info files  worked great  so thought i would put few more movies in  after turning it off few hours later switched it on and theirs nothing in the movie folder just a message “there is no media in the current folder” so went back to the pc and its gone from my

networks ive tried everything  downgrading to earlier firmware-resetting the unit  its like the internal Hard drive has vanished

so i have no access to the HD … is it Knackered??/ or the firmware update ???:angry: if what can i do ??