New Release - Firmware Version 2.08.13 for WD TV Live Hub (10/6/11)

Hi, i have a similar problem to ILoveKCChiefs  and others, although fortunately my old artwork still remains, when i ‘get info’ for any movies post update, the artwork never appears. However, the jpeg has appeared in the root file.

Secondly, all of the images i have used for my folders seem a little pixelated now. Has anyone found any more information yet?? 

Same here, everything but the art work. I even formatted the drive and am in the process of copying it all back but it looks like this is to no avail. (bummer 30 hrs.) A lot of work getting this in there and then this. I just picked this device up last week and have been working on it every day after work. Is this common with them?

It’s a shame that you have to read the forum posts before you upgrade the firmware on this thing but I learned my lesson a long time ago. But… I appreciate the [Deleted] that auto upgrade and then post frustrations let’s me know when I need to hold off and when firmware is safe. At the same time I feel for those who have put up with this ■■■■ from WD…

I updated my WD and haven’t lost any of my sheets nor thumbnails, all seems to work as it should.

I just saw an episode of BONES in *.mkv with out any problems.

Until now I haven’t got any problems with the latest update from WD.  :wink:

I’ve had 2 ongoing issues with WD:

1. When the Random Photo screensaver kicks in (after 5 minutes), my Music stops dead.  I’ve worked around it by using the “WD” icon default option, but WD guys, come on… this should be fixed already!   NOT RESOLVED with this firmware release.

2. When the Music Player gets to a playlist song somewhere between 60 - 64, it loops back to the beginning (and never beyond 64 even if I have 100 or so songs in the playlist).  Last firmware release actually rendered all my playlists unusable (showed as empty).  This firmware release seems to have FIXED both of these bugs… I am getting beyond song 64 in my playlists.

However, a did notice something a bit wacky.  When I was on song 64, the information bar along the bottom said:

Title: 64 Everybody’s Changing.flac Artist: – Album: – Next song: 65 Everybody’s Changing.flac

Actually, the next song was 65 Your Eyes Open.flac

It corrected itself either in song 65 or 66 and seems fine still at song 70.

So, some improvement on what are actually basic features.  Come on WD guys… get your *** together. This should have been fixed. PERIOD!

sfnedo

1 Like

WD team you should test more and more the new firmware before release it but you don’t!!! At this point a beta tester user group could help you very well and do the tests you haven’t time to!!! Think of it WD a lot of user would be happy to help you test new firmware!

1 Like

Yes, I had the same problem last night and I added a few movies this morning and now those won’t show the artwork as well.  I had every movie’s artwork in the database and it was a nice feature to find the movies.

What can I do to get this back!

In the Product Update it states:

Resolved issues with built-in subtitles in MKV

Does this mean PGS and SUP subtitle now work ?

1 Like

I havent lost artwork since the update but now when I try to “get Info” for new files, it doesnt download the artwork correctly and I get the same issue as you have mentioned.

Trying to see if any other people have mentioned a similar issue here in the community.

Yes! I am experiencing the same issue!

davep1 wrote:

Yes! I am experiencing the same issue!

But I will not downgrade. I can live with it until the next bug release : )

I’ve got lots of problems with my media player. I think they started yesterday after updating the firmware.

Biggest problems are:

• I can’t play new videos, I get a ‘content not found’ error.

• When I, for instance, pause a video, it takes about 8 seconds to respond.

I’ve aldready tried restarting and clearing media library.

Does anyone have a clue?

Does WD realize that they have competitors in this market with this product?!!? I have been telling all my friends to go out and buy one of these WD Live TV hubs, but now, no way!!

I am going to start looking into WD’s competitors on purpose now to see if I can replace this box and i’ll gladly GIVE it to one of my friends!!

I have NEVER seen a hardware company put out such bad firmware in my life!! This is totally unacceptable!!

WD - YOU MUST fix these issues and release GOOD working firmware, otherwise customers like myself and others will no longer recommend your products or buy them.

Same thing continues here.  My art is there for each “get info” file but it is not being displayed.  In addition, ALL of the images that are currently present and displaying are at a lower resolution than before and have gotten quite blocky.  When I check the actual .jpg its fine.  This has something to do with the WD and display.  

Very surprising that this went out without better qualification.

Please note: I am using a Windows Home Server v1 with write access for the WD to provide the .xml and .jpg files into the same directory as the .mkv or .m2ts file.  Have not tried this issue with the onboard 1TB drive to see if it still is broken.

I have just updated my Live Hub to the latest firmware, and I have the following problem.

I wanted to add info to the movies which I have just added to the Live Hub. Everything works fine but, the thumbnails are not displayed. I have checked the info of the Live Hub on my computer, and the xml file and the jpg file have been added.

All the thumbnails of my existing movies are displayed well, but the problem occurs when you want to add info to a new movie after the firmware update.

I hope this problem will be solved soon!

Besides the thumbnail issue, does anyone experience playback (stutter) issues when streaming from NAS? For the first all of my HD media is not watchable at all, both wireless as wired. And as mentioned before some AVI, MKV and ISO’s are not playable anymore (unsupported file type). I’ll do a hard reset, not sure if this will resolve the streaming issue, in my case from a Synology NAS.

Exactly same issue with mine

Same issue here

Same thing happen to me. Lost art work for all movie that I have created folders for. Rest of movies still got their art work intact.

If I manually get the folder and movie art the HUB will display it but the .jpg file HUB downloads from THETVDB doesn’t display, and will not dispali even if I copy to another location