New Release - Firmware Version 2.08.13 for WD TV Live Hub (10/6/11)

I have opened an issue internally for this.

Your thumbnails should still show up if you switch away from gallery view.

1 Like

I, too, had the :going round in circles" issue this morning but that seems to have been resolved this evening.

I am experiencing an issue where the thumbnails don’t seem to be showing up for videos even though I have “gotten content” for the file. This seems to be an issue for the gallery view and two other smaller views when the file type is mk4. This was working fine in the previous version.

2 Likes

I see others have had the same issue. My original post indicated that mp4 files still show the thumbnails but I think this is only if the mp4 had an imbedded thumbnail. Not sure how that occurs but seems to be.

I did the update, and now all the functions are not working. I start to play a file and can´t FF or go a time spot, and when i press Stop the image stops but the sound goes on. I tried to reaset to factory mode but still the same. What do I Do Now?

TonyPh12345 wrote:

tm9ZL34UhIf68B2 wrote:

Because if not, i will never ever update this Device anyway…

What POSSIBLE difference would it make?

Timeconsum? Problems? Bugs from older Firmwares?

No, sorry, autoupdate should only get the newest one!

So, well i will never again update it, the hassle to go trough all the buggy Firwares first to get to the then hopefully working one is simply to big…

1 Like

WD is happy to announce the new firmware :neutral_face: …Oh no more bugs are coming…:cry:

Rollback to 2.04 after ten minutes

Will WD fix the stupid FLAC album tracks order or not?! It seams they simply doesn’t  [Deleted] care of music player, It’s bugged from firmware 2.05…WD instead of add stupid service try to fix and improve the music player!!!  :angry:

1 Like

Hello,

New firmware and the same problems.

The live hub still crash at startup if the outside power button is connected and in portuguese language if you try to get info to a movie the live hub restarts.

This is a shame to WD. I’m very disappointed with the live hub. In four months that i’ve the live hub i needed to change them two times (RMAs) and now this problems.

No it’s not true, my thumbnails are .png files renamed to .jpg and they don’t show up in any of the wiew…

Mostly good things to report so far. I tried to update the box manually using a USB memory stick and got an error during the upgrade saying that the software was incomplete. That was strange considering I just unpacked the zip file into the stick, but anyway. 

I then proceeded to update over the internet (wired) and dare I say it went off without a hitch and quickly compared to other updates.

I haven’t had time to test it yet but one thing I can report is that the menus are MUCH snappier. The menus move much faster and respond to the remote much more quickly. I can also report that I am not experiencing any data loss. All of my files including movie images are still there.

Rolled back to 2.07.17 to get the Artwork back …

This upgrade comes with bugs,

thumbnails in Gallery View need to be generated in the exact dimensions as requested from the browse gallery file or it will be cut off on the right or the left side. This takes away ANY freedom and I consider that a bug and I expect either an official roll back or an immediate fix because it doesn’t even work in the default theme and for that matter the device has no value for me at this point.

ROLL BACK OR FIX IT!

And still no attempt at proper displaying of .png files…tsk tsk

2 Likes

png files have no png behavior in this version (again)

png files renamed to .jpg not working and/or turn to solid black (why getting rid of this ability?)

this upgrade is in fact a downgrade and the 100+ hours I invested into my theme are now wasted.

1 Like

Well im new to the Live Hub, I bought it on Wednesday and It prompted for new firmware on Thursday. 

Flashed itself and I can see no problems so far.  I’ve only had a few hours to copy media and play.

Looking forward to trying Spotify & fingers crossed for iplayer :robothappy:

Plesk90 wrote:

WD instead of add stupid service try to fix and improve the music player!!!  :angry:

couldn’t have said it better…

2 Likes

I have the same problem as most others. The thumbnails don’t work for NEW video files that I get content info for. The older video files display thumbnails just fine. But the six  movies I have added since updating firmware refuse to show the thumbnails after getting content info. My video gallery now has an ugly chipped-tooth kinda look!

Also, custom folder thumbnails don’t show up in the “Favorites” of the dashboard, even  though those thumbnails display when navigated to through “Videos” or “Music” from the main menu. 

Long story short, this update destroys thumbnail features, which is important for the UI to look good.

I’m really really disappointed with WD now. 

If I rollback, could it potentially cause any problems with future automatic updates?

Hi Ken.
There is no problem doing a FW rollback. After using there new FW for 5 mins, I did a rollback and everything is back to normal. I could not see any advantage in using their new FW and breaking the way custom theme are showing was a bad move on WD part. Once again we have been served a FW that break more things than fix previous issues. Too bad.

Medic wrote:

Rolled back to 2.07.17 to get the Artwork back …

Losing the ability to display the artwork associated with my video files after using “Get Content” is quite disappointing and this makes me very interested in being able to “roll back”. I don’t have a high level of skills with WD device and was wondering about a few things: Was the rollback sucessful? Did it reinstate artwork?  Is this “roll back” somehting anyone can do?

1 Like

Sure RayVe.
To do a FW rollback, just follow the instruction from this post. " http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Avoid-firmware-update-2-08-13/td-p/270090/" message #3.

1 Like

So I updated the firmware as prompted from the hub main screen.  All seemed to go ok (though it looked to update twice - I wasn’t sure if that was updating firmware and then to a newer one, or just in a loop of doign it twice like some here seemed to suggest.

Then when I went to my videos folder all of my movies before ‘S’ alphabetically are missing.

I can’t get them to show up any way, even in files on the hub, but accessing it wirelessly from my Mac they still show up as all on the drive.

Anybody have any ideas how I can get them back?