New Release - Firmware Version 2.06.10 for WD TV Live Hub (5/17/11)

If you hold down the Remote power button for a few seconds it will shut the device down fully

testerics wrote:

I can’t sleep!!!  :cry:

The sound of the cooler fan (or HDD from inside of the hub, I don’t know…) is very persistent in my ears over the night. So please, fix this problem! If I choose to shut down the hub, then make it to SHUT IT DOWN (cut the power for fan and hdd).

If I want to stream or watch the movie, I will push the power button without any problem and after 10 - 15 minutes could enter in stand-by or something that could be usefull for streaming. But if I choose to close the box, make it dead please!

For the moment I am forced to unplug the device from the power every night… And this is not a very good solution for a respectfull brand like WD!

Hello,

I’m having trouble with .mp4 files which played without any problem before the update but now

they stutter all the time… pls fix this there is no point to upgrade just to find out you shouldn’t have.

And it would be nice to assign a button on the remote to recall your previous location, like when you are

in your Blue Ray folder and push the setup button by accident you need much time to get back there again.

My hub has is on this version 2.06.10.

a) When viewing DVD movies I made with Adobe Premiere,  by going to the folder via the Files menu and pressing Play. When I press the Stop button or back button, it restarts the machine.  I’ve found that to get out I have to press the House button on the remote to take it back to the calling directory.  Is it possible to fix  it so the buttons don’t restart but just go back to the calling folder.

b)  I’ve noitced in recent upgrades, I can now view camcorder mt2s files with synchronised audio/video which is good.  However, there is a delay/blank screen which you don’t get when watching them on PC’s, the camcorder.  Can this delay be taken out in a future firmware release ?

solutionseeker wrote:

My hub has is on this version 2.06.10.

a) When viewing DVD movies I made with Adobe Premiere,  by going to the folder via the Files menu and pressing Play. When I press the Stop button or back button, it restarts the machine.  I’ve found that to get out I have to press the House button on the remote to take it back to the calling directory.  Is it possible to fix  it so the buttons don’t restart but just go back to the calling folder.

b)  I’ve noitced in recent upgrades, I can now view camcorder mt2s files with synchronised audio/video which is good.  However, there is a delay/blank screen which you don’t get when watching them on PC’s, the camcorder.  Can this delay be taken out in a future firmware release ?

• *> * * *
      didas wrote:

Hello,

I’m having trouble with .mp4 files which played without any problem before the update but now

they stutter all the time… pls fix this there is no point to upgrade just to find out you shouldn’t have.

And it would be nice to assign a button on the remote to recall your previous location, like when you are

in your Blue Ray folder and push the setup button by accident you need much time to get back there again.

^^ No time for this, we have to add new games first!! *irony*

Please look into including Spotify on next update. Since the live hup is connected to the stereos in most homes, this would be a great enhancement.

This latest 2.06.10 firmware is really bad as was the previous one. My unit freezes up and I have to restart it twice by unplugging the unit from the wall for about 30 seconds before it’s usable. That’s getting to be a real pain. I can’t roll back as the Netflix interface is basically unuable  prior to .08. 

I rolled back to the original version it shipped with and it worked beautifully. The only reason I don’t stay with that version is Netflix. That, to me, shows that in all likelyhood, it is a firmware issue. Between the power button issues with this unit (causing it to cut off) and these recent poor firmwares, I am tempted to switch to a Boxee unit. The themers here have done such an amazing job tough, that I really hate to go away to something else. The wife is getting impatient too…

Hmmm.  I never had any issues with NetFlix in *any* version, so I’m not sure what you’re referring to, there.

2.06.10 has only two issues that I consider major (yeah, “only.” :slight_smile: )

— ISOs fail after opening four ISOs.

— Stray DLNA packets from certain devices on the same LAN will cause hangs.

No fix for the first one short of rebooting the box.   The fix for the second is to turn off the DLNA services of the device that’s sending the stray packets.   It’s worked for most people.

I’m confident that both issues will be fixed.  I’m pretty confident the first one will be fixed pretty soon, because I know what the issue is and think it should be an easy fix. 

Not too sure about the 2nd one, but at least there’s workarounds for it.

I know it’s tempting to follow the “Grass is Greener…” thought process.   I did it myself and bought a Boxee Box.   It went back to Amazon two months later.     I was about to spring for a NeoTV 550 so I could do full Blu-ray rips.   But NetGear dropped the ball big time on that box…  They announced there will never be NetFlix after they pseudo-hyped it for months, and some pretty serious bugs scare me away.

Make sure you go read the Boxee forums and familiarize yourself with the littany of issues over there, before you plonk down more cash… 

Thanks alot for the reply and the good advice…I’ll sit tight at least for another firmware update…This box is great when it’s working. I don’t know why it keeps freezing up on me but I have read of others here who are having similar issues. Thanks again.

Hi Tony and WDTVLand,

I’m wondering if there ever will be support for (BD-J) java menu navigation like DVD menu navigation on a firmware upgrade in the future? I really don’t want to waste extra money on the netgear 550, but I don’t want my hub to go to waste, haven’t used it in awhile due to full bd iso neglect. I’m using my htpc with arcsoft tmt5 atm to playback bd’s with extras & menus, would prefer to use the hub, but deeply saddened that this feature hasn’t been implemented yet. I know there may be complications in java licensing or compatibility with the hub, but just wondering if it ever will be possible?

Cheers

I just updated my Hub to the latest firmware, i was excited that it would finally support my 3TB USB drive and it did! Problem is now i cant see it on my network, I was copying a great deal of files to the internal HDD via this feature and all the sudden gone! please help

Upgraded to this to see if .mp4’s play nicely and without stuttering. No, they do not. Back to 2.03.24.

Most annoying thing about this release was to release a GAME MENU!!!  :robotmad:

Hey guys spend more time doing something else, understand there are a lot people using your hardware, but I’ll say they rather play on their PC/Mobile/Game Console (PS3,wii,xbox).

Since the Game menu is hardcoded on the firmware, please add an option on the settings to hide it.!!!

You can hide it.   Just use one of the custom these that doesn’t have game support.

Still nothing new? No new release? No fixes? Sad, sad…

Netgear goes it on right the opposite way:

http://www.readynas.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55155

[QUOTE]

We’ll use this thread to update you with info on the latest beta releases for RAIDiator 4.1.8. RAIDiator 4.1.7 release supports the ReadyNAS NV+, NV, Duo, 1100, X6, and 600 systems – yes, even systems as far back as 7 years old 8) . [/QUOTE]

^^ that’s how it’s done!!

(Never thought things could be so bad with WD *sad* )

EXECdesign wrote:

Still nothing new? No new release? No fixes? Sad, sad…

Netgear goes it on right the opposite way:

Yeah, and the prior release was over eight months ago!   Your point is sorely off target… :wink:

No, not really. The NV+ is over 7(!!) years old and 4.1.7 was running quite stable - including support of 4K sectors & 3TB HDDs… for over eight months now :wink:

By the way, NetGear has out the beta release. I just come back from a friend of mine who’s still waiting for any update for his WD network storage (it’s announced, but nothing online yet and it’s a quite new device and no 7 years old hardware dino).

No, I get that.  Cheers to NetGear for supporting older product!

But you were chastising WD for not having a new firmware out for the Hub after only two months.

And NetGears RAIDiator software hasn’t been updated on any NEW products, either, since November of 2010.  Eight months.

WD = 2 Months.

NetGear = 8 months.

As long as it’s WORKING, that’s no problem for me. My NAS runs rock stable even with fullHD video editing and multible Macs/PCs working on it simultaneously.

The WD device DOESN’T run propperly (but has got games now, wow), THAT’S the point.

I don’t wanna make promotion for NetGear, it could also be any other manufacturer…

I’m just very dissapointed of the WD support and it seems it’s not getting better.

They made a really GOOD product which I bought as a glowing WD fan. And then the firmware destroyed most of the good 1st impressions. Missing (basic) options in the menues and bugs, bugs, bugs with no fast minor hot fixes - and at last even no fixes in the major update… but games *rolleyes*

I know you are the pro voice for the device here in the forum (hired or not), but that’s just true if you take it or not.

If I wouldn’t mind I wouldn’t post here to show the importance of a change in support behavior.

1 Like

We just released a new firmware version for the WD TV Live Hub.  I am closing this thread.