New Release - Firmware Version 2.05.08 for WD TV Live Hub (4/12/11)

Hi Folks

SMB NAS access - WD TV Hub reports ‘no storage present’

My WD Hub is very new (and thus I’m not yet totally fmiliar with it) and I’m delighted that the S/P DIF validity flaf bug has been fixed in this new FW, but I wonder if I’ve maybe chanced upon another problem (or whether it’s just me being unaware of something obvious). I’ve just tried to point the WD to a Qnap NAS share, and when I try ‘select content source’ then select ‘network share’ it immediately pops up a message stating ‘no storage present’ (whereas I’d have expected to see a list of all the available shares). I’ve tried rebooting my router, my NAS (Qnap TS-659) and factory resetting the WD TV Live Hub, but no matter what I do, when trying to connect to the NAS, the same message always appears. It’s odd as I access the NAS shares all the time using various other devices and have never had any problems. I should have tried this on the previous FW (but I didn’t) so unfortunately, I can’t say whether it actually worked before the update. I am pretty network knowledgable, but I can’t think of anything that could be causing this (and there aren’t that many settings in the WD hub to play with). Has anyone else had any issues like this?

Bri

PS Everything else is okay - I can access the WD from an XP box (using \WDTV) and on the WD, I can see Twonky on my Qnap - it’s just that I wish to now try SAMBA access instead of using Twonky on the Qnap (to see if that offers gapless audio playback).